Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 25 55 ... LastLast

Thread: PNWfahren - Homebrew thread

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    yeah, you really need to build a fermentation chamber
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Hahaha, I should just get a dumpster and toss everything in the house into it and turn the house into a brewery!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Holy crap that is awesome!

If we only knew someone that had a sweet huge wood shop with lots of snow that could build these for us.....hmmmmm Hehe

(⌐■_■)
    only change I would make is to run it off of a mini-freezer instead of water/ice
    -Tyler-

True.

I think that the ice thing would get c-old ......hehe
    He's in Texas so it doesn't sound like he'll run into our problem of being too cold and needing to add heat.
    So if I was to build something like that i'd need it to have the ability to warm/heat things up.

Also I don't have anywhere inside my house for something that big so it'd have to be in the garage or shed and wouldn't need to look that good!

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    just picked up my northernbrewer deluxe starter kit!

but I forgot to buy a recipe kit with it.... lol.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    head down to your LHBS and talk to them, they'll set you up with what you need
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    also, pick up a bench-top bottle capper, instead of that jobby they sent you. There are many horror stories of bottles breaking with that style. I have bottled 12 cases, and not a single broken bottle with my bench-top capper.

-Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    I'm jumping straight into kegging. I'm going to worry about bottling when I find a recipe I like enough to give to people. haha

but thanks for the heads up on the shitty capper.

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    word
    -Tyler-

I'm torn between 2 books. One was recommended by a good friend that makes some damn tasty beer, the other was recommended either in this thread, or from NorthernBrewers.... I don't remember which. thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Homeb...4188051&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/How-Brew-Every...4188051&sr=8-3

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    You should have both
    -Tyler-

haha. Guess I will have both then!

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    Palmer's book is great for your first couple of batches, and a good reference to have on-hand, Papazian's book has TONS of recipes and goes into more detail
    -Tyler-

good to know. I've been wanting to do this for several months. finding this thread a few days ago only made the want worse. thanks guys....

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    Welcome to the (other) addiction
    -Tyler-

haha, thanks. I'm excited as hell to make my own brew.

l Arron lSPACE

Do you have a fridge that you'll use for a kegerator?

picking one up this week, hopefully. i contacted a vender online who sells keg kits with a double gauge so I can pressurize two different beers at the same time, from the same CO2 tank. so I should have two options to choose from when I'm thirsty.

l Arron lSPACE

Oh, BTW..... the book "How to Brew" is free to read online here <---clicky

l Arron lSPACE

Its cool to see that you're going to kegs right away like I did!
    I'm going to have to get a chest freezer with a temp controller because my converted fridge to a kegerator is filling up!

(⌐■_■)
    make sure it is a double regulator, not just double gauge. Lots of double gauge setups just show tank pressure and line pressure, not 2 different lines
    -Tyler-

If you need 2 different pressures you'd need the double regulator..... if not a simple manifold can divide up the gas for the different kegs.

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Its cool to see that you're going to kegs right away like I did!
    I'm going to have to get a chest freezer with a temp controller because my converted fridge to a kegerator is filling up!
    yeah, seems like a much easier way to start, although more expensive. haha

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    make sure it is a double regulator, not just double gauge. Lots of double gauge setups just show tank pressure and line pressure, not 2 different lines
    Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    If you need 2 different pressures you'd need the double regulator..... if not a simple manifold can divide up the gas for the different kegs.
    here's what the description says: DUAL BODY CO2 Regulator with contains Separate Shutoff Check Valves for each gas line

l Arron lSPACE

+ Reply to Thread