Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 26 56 ... LastLast

Thread: PNWfahren - Homebrew thread

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    got a link with a picture in it?
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    excellent

and, here's food for thought, put a 4-way manifold on one of the lines, and run that to your service kegs, then, have the other set at higher pressure (~30psi) to use for force-carbing
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Have you ever experimented with any different kinds of water for brewing?
    I have read about people using anything from tap water to fancy filtered water.

I was thinking about this last night while laying in bed not sleeping.

(⌐■_■)
    for AG, I will probably use filtered water, so I can balance the minerals out, but for extract (from what I've read) it doesn't make enough of a difference. And according to papa Charlie (Papazian), if you can drink the water, you can brew with it
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Hehe.

I was thinking about it because there is a spring up here that is supposedly connected to a aquifer that starts at Mount Baker.
    The water from the spring is really good and was wondering what it'd be like in beer.

(⌐■_■)
    that's one thing I want to do, go up to Mt. Hood and bring back water for brewing
    -Tyler-

You should bring up some jugs and grab some of this water because its about 5 miles or so from The Rock pizza place.

(⌐■_■)
    think my stout is going to be ready to rack this weekend, will take gravity reading today, tomorrow, and Sunday, then let it age for at least a week, maybe more

on another note, I'm surprised that there aren't more beer ads due to this thread...
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    so stoked. kit arrives tuesday. should be ordering the rest of the kegging supplies tomorrow. should be fermenting by wednesday!

l Arron lSPACE

well, everything came in today that I had on order. I picked up a German Dark Lager partial mash kit and am 100% ready to get this pig stuffed. Not sure when I'll be able to purchase the kegging equipment. Luckily, the beer I got has a 3-6 week fermenting period.

that gives me 3-6 weekends to throw car wash fundraisers to get the $240 I need. haha

l Arron lSPACE

Awesome that you got your kit and you're ready to brew!

I'm super ready to brew. Just waiting on my investment partner to get his hooptie fixed so we can focus on the beer. haha.

(no offense to said investor if he reads this. you know I'm #$%@ing joking )

l Arron lSPACE

steeping my grains as I type.

this was before I poured my grains into the strainer.

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    excellent! but, pick up a grain bag so much better than straining everything out, and you can boil your hops in it too. Clear beer
    -Tyler-

I have a grain bag. the recipe I picked up at my LHBS called for the grain to be put into open water for 30 minutes before straining into a bag. I figured, for my first batch, why mess with someone else's good thing. After bringing the water and grain to 150* I let it sit for 30 minutes and poured the grain and water into my kettle. Then poured 175* water through the grain and strainer before tossing the grain.

I'm about 45 minutes from going into my primary.

I've got flavor hops, Irish Moss and finishing hops left to boil. then, wait 3-6 weeks. haha

l Arron lSPACE

Oh crap that looks like fun! I need to order my next batch of ingredients!

well, my wort is in the primary. a couple more aeration sessions and I can add yeast!

l Arron lSPACE

Fermentation has begun! I'm successfully converting suger into alcohol.... or rather... the yeast is. haha.

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    stout is in keg going to brew a Nut Brown Ale a bit later this afternoon
    -Tyler-

I just wanted to admit that I bought beer today......hehe
    Went to Georgetown Brewery in Seattle and picked up 4 growlers.
    Doing some experimenting....hehe

(⌐■_■)
    oh yeah, the numbers, 1.060 OG, 1.018 FG, ~5.7% ABV
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    and the Nut Brown Ale is now fermenting
    -Tyler-

You're a brewing machine!

(⌐■_■)
    well, I have 2 kegs, they both need to have something to consume in them
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread