Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 27 57 ... LastLast

Thread: PNWfahren - Homebrew thread

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I kegged up my edwort's Apfelwein today and here are the numbers 1.066 OG and 0.998 FG.

After taking the gravity readings I "sampled" the Apfelwein and it reminds me of a brut champagne.
    It will be interesting to see what its like cold and carbonated!

Hmmm.... what to brew next!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    wow, the NBA is bubbling like crazy! I predict a fast fermentation
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    So today while washing all of my kegs, buckets and other equipment I was reminded how much I need one of these......

A Moen Hot/Cold hose bib!
    I installed one at the rental house I used to live at without asking to make washing cars and the dogs a lot nicer!
    I have been wanting one for a while now at this house with having a dog and boys that play in the mud.
    Sure would make washing brewing equipment outside simple!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    heh, my dad installed a bath tub mixing valve in our garage, hooked up to a spigot, loved it
    -Tyler-

Cool so you know what i'm talking about and don't think i'm too crazy....hehe

(⌐■_■)
    I'm reading up on all-grain today.

Need a cooler, and a bigger boil kettle. Going to work on finding a keg to convert to a electric kettle.

Just need to have a few more extract batches turn out well and then Jen may let me spend more money
    -Tyler-

There's more of an investment for all-grain but its amazing how much cheaper the ingredients are!
    Once you get those then you'll be looking for a mill and bulk grain storage.........and so on and so on.

Have you seen how tweaky the guys get with the electric kettles? Dang.....

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Funny, I've been searching craigslist the past few days for a keg to do the very same. Right now I have a 5 gallon ALUMINUM turkey fryer. I want steel, and I saw on homebrewtalk.com that people have converted kegs into boil kettles.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    I saw on homebrewtalk.com that people have converted kegs into boil kettles.
    Yup yup!
    I have both a 1/4 and a 1/2 keg converted into boil kettles.
    Just need to get my burner when its in stock again at my LHBS.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    There's a bunch of them on CL right now for <$50. I have about 3 weeks till I can brew another batch. I'm only 5 days into primary fermentation, but I'd like to have one set up for the 2nd batch.

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    not a single keg for sale on Portland CL right now :\
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    oh my..... http://theelectricbrewery.com/
    that looks like some serious research.

l Arron lSPACE

Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    that looks like some serious research.
    More like that looks like some serious $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

At that point when its all automated doesn't it kind of take away the whole fun of brewing?

^^^I agree

in related news, check out the brew stand they give free plans for on their site: http://theelectricbrewery.com/brew-stand?page=3

I might make one of these just for a solid workbench in my garage. I like the exposed bolts.

l Arron lSPACE

Yeah its a nice bench!
    I built a bench almost identical to that with some Ipe wood for a friend with a Big Green Egg.
    It was soo nice that I almost didn't give it to him.... haha

(⌐■_■)
    bunch of money in that setup, the brew kettles (before modifications) alone are $400 EACH!
    -Tyler-

Junior Member Kurupt is on a distinguished road Kurupt's Avatar
    literally my favorite thread automatically. Ive done a couple batches when I was in college with my friend but never got the chance to buy my own stuff. I'm gonna bite the bullet on a kit pretty soon and start brewing. so excited!

(⌐■_■)
    my new favorite thread on homebrewtalk

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/show...rew-rig-46578/
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by Kurupt View Post
    I'm gonna bite the bullet on a kit pretty soon and start brewing. so excited!
    Do it!
    Also check your area and go check out your LHBS (local home brew store).

my new favorite thread on homebrewtalk
    http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/show...rew-rig-46578/
    Yeah that's a cool thread.... spent many hours in there!

I'm still undecided if I want a "sculpture" because they just take up a bunch of space.

(⌐■_■)
    once I move into a larger house, and start AG, I want to do a steam heated single-tier setup
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    also, the Nut Brown Ale has slowed down to ~1 bubble every 5 seconds, and, I am tempted to hook up that keg of stout and see how it's coming along.
    -Tyler-

I want to do a steam heated single-tier setup
    Steam?

+ Reply to Thread