Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 28 58 ... LastLast

Thread: PNWfahren - Homebrew thread

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I'm also tempted to try my Apfelwein that I kegged up the other day. But I had many beers last night so i'm not so sure if I should.

My wife and friends say that i'm a cheap date! Doesn't take much!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Steam?
    yes, steam

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-...em-yuri-27070/

perhaps not quite that elaborate though
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Wow thats amazing!
    While looking at that I had a thought...... Could you use something like a 4cylinder car engine with the coolant pipes hooked up to pipes like a counter flow chiller but instead put hot water into it thats heated by the engine to heat up the other water? Engines get up to heat pretty fast....some more than others.

Did that make sense?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    makes sense, would be really cool, but overly complex imo

went and tried the stout. Little sweeter than I was hoping, and not quite enough hops, but Jen really likes it, so that's a win I guess. Couple more days to carbonate as well.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    hmmm, I sent a text to a buddy, turns out he has 2 1/2 bbl kegs sitting around... Think the time has come to sell off my r/c car

And, the NBA is down to 1 bubble every 19-20 seconds
    -Tyler-

Cool cool!
    I also need to get rid of my r/c cars that I have sitting around! Could turn it into home brewing money!....hehe

My LHBS sent me an email just now letting me know that I can pre-order hop rhizomes so I got my order in!
    Residents of Washington can only order rhizomes from online stores that are in Washington!
    Here's the link to their store!

(⌐■_■)
    -Tyler-

Ty, hook something a little more hoppy. The porter came out pretty good. Are you using tap water or distilled?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    at this point, tap, there's no need to do distilled, if you can drink it, you can brew with it. Though I might switch to boiling the water for a bit if I can come up with some 1/2 bbl kegs to use.
    -Tyler-

I was just asking because there's this odd flavor that seems to keep popping up. I've tasted it before in my other buddies beer and he used tap water as well. As you said, you can brew with it but I think it might be causing some oddities in the flavor.

IDK, there just seems to be this "homebrew flavor" in most homebrews of I've had.

I wanna get brewing, as you know, and I want to be able to defeat that taste.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    I drank 66oz of Guinness at the Varsity Grill GTG, tonight. plus 1 hot of 1800. I feel great!
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    http://brew.twardnw.com/index.php?pa...r=nonpriv&id=5

i want to try this after the Munich Dunkel I have in primary right now.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    hehe
    http://brew.twardnw.com
    You are brew crazy!

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Are you using tap water or distilled?
    See this makes me want to go try out some of the natural spring water that is near my house.
    I agree that there is a similar lingering taste in every home brew i've had including my own.

(⌐■_■)
    Also, I think rather than boiling, if I can sell the R/C I will just get a nice filter, the flavor might have something to do with chlorine. You definitely don't want to do distilled water though, you need lots of the minerals that are in the water supply.

In other news, I am getting the 2 kegs for free Keggles here I come!
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    http://brew.twardnw.com/index.php?pa...r=nonpriv&id=5

i want to try this after the Munich Dunkel I have in primary right now.
    I want to do a lager, but in using the fridge for a kegerator, I gave up the only place I could maintain lagering temps.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Ty, hook something a little more hoppy.
    IPA will be next, but I'm going to have to get another tap and some help draining the kegs before I can do that
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    -Tyler-

That looks good. You might be able to bust out the bucket and aquarium heater for this one. Let me know if you need one, I have several.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    it's in use right now, fermenting a Nut Brown Ale at 68 in it
    -Tyler-

You need to get a little more hippy-ish and start brewing more than one at a time.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

One of the nice things about using the 1/2 kegs is that you can make 10 gallon batches and experiment on a bit on the beer when you separate it into the 2 5 gallon primaries.

(⌐■_■)
    I need more space
    -Tyler-

Hehe exactly!
    Now I know why guys are building brew sheds/houses in their backyards!
    I originally thought it was to get away from the SWMBO but its really to get more space!

+ Reply to Thread