Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 1981 BMW E21 320i in Alpinweiss, my plans to go from rough to tough

looking forward to seeing that..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Me too. I got called into the Post Office so bumper work is suspended. Maybe Sunday Ill be able to get them wrapped up.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Bumper is primered and ready to be sanded. My buddy Brent is going to block, sand and paint them tomorrow. Then for my first refresher on welding, I'll be fabbing up some mounts for the rear bumper.

The BSS bumper in the background is the same kind that I'll eventually be putting on the car.

Random photo of the car for whoring sake.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

oooo goody goody goody!
    i cant wait to see it again!

Bumpers are painted. Now to fab the brackets and mount these bad boys up.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Since the E30 came around, I've been neglecting my old E21. That's probably a pretty typical thing, get a new toy and forget about the old one. But, I have not forgotten old Inga. I've decided to color match the euro bumpers and ordered a couple cans of OEM paint to do them with. I've also picked up a set of spare euro bumpers. I sold off the front spare bumper and am trading off the rear for an IS front air dam. I'll be painting the air dam alpinweiss as well.

I'll mount up the euro bumpers after I paint them. It's gonna look badass!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

So, I got bored and fitted my front euro bumper. I don't like it black. It's going to get color matched to the car. I ordered the paint.

I did a little bartering and got an IS lip and a rear sway bar (my car had no rear sway bar stock)

And, no sooner than I make the deal on the IS lip, I get the call to come pick up my BBS air dam and new front valence.

Putting me closer and closer to where I want to be.

So, I chalk this all up to a long drawn out mock up. And once I have all the parts together and have the E30 ready to be my daily, then I'm ripping the E21 apart and getting it ready to be reassembled, painted and reupholstered.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

you're getting a full array of parts there
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Yeah and now the wife is pulling the purse strings. So, probably no more parts until next month. .
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Here's the bucket in its temporary, pre-respray get up. It looks drift ready now.

And a view of things to come.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Thanks holmes. It's just a 6 out of 10 now. But after it goes off to the body shop, upholsterer and gets the engine swapped........$$$$$$
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looking forward to it.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    Looking forward to it.
    This!

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    It looks drift ready now.
    But not this!

But drifting is fun! Maybe not as a competitive sport, but when you have a chance to swing the ass end out on a random set of twisties, it's magic!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I love the progress. Drifting? Well, it is RWD So I can't blame you!

Some more similar photos now that the sun is directly blasting the bright white car. And just to goof off with my 10-22mm

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Just a quick comparision:

When I got it:

And now.

It's still a bucket.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

looks really good in those photos

Thanks Joel!

I've come to the decision that I'm going to use this rugged almost indestructible "is" air dam/valance setup for daily driving/cruises etc. and save the more fragile, rare BBS spoiler and euro valence for special occasions. It's actually pretty easy to change out front ends. So, between these fronts and getting some different wheels, I'll be able to change up the look of the car to keep things interesting.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

sounds like a plan to me.. I like keeping varied parts around that are easy to put on and change the car's looks

Brainstorming..... (pardon the lack of a color matched euro bumper, I couldn't find a sample bumper at the correct angle to photoshop)

Last edited by Twelvizm; 2012.04.12 at 09:57 AM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    I usually don't like 5 spoke star shaped wheels, but that looks pretty damn good. I'm loving the new lip too, btw.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

I'm with you. But, 5 star wheels always look right on 80's european cars. It's a force of nature.

And, I know it's been done, but if I get this car looking like this, I'm buying a storm trooper suit. And painting the valve cover to look like the surface of the death star.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Brainstorming anyone?

(Here's the original image for reference.)

With BBS RS's

With Schmidt Modern Line 3pc.

Compomotive MO's and shadowline.

Rials w/ shadowline

Last edited by Twelvizm; 2012.04.12 at 17:45 PM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

+ Reply to Thread