Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 1981 BMW E21 320i in Alpinweiss, my plans to go from rough to tough

So the old M20B23 is out the door and here's a sneak peak at the new one. Well worth the $40 difference.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

And off goes the old motor.

Now I just have to make arrangements with a buddy of mine with a yellow truck to pick up the new motor.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Normal Member dub boy will become famous soon enough dub boy's Avatar
    Hey Adam, I can borrow my dads truck if need be...

Thanks Mark, you're a stud! I'll keep that in mind if Mike is tied up.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Normal Member dub boy will become famous soon enough dub boy's Avatar
    I just looked through his thread. Very nice little score he has....

if we dont get a 'snow event' I'm sure we can do something this week. where's it at?

Hillsboro. The weatherman said "I know I said there would be snow about 4 times so far this year but now it's really going to happen". We shall see.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

E30 rear brakes! I need them. I've got a guy that has a full rear setup for $75 shipped. Fingers crossed.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Yesterday I drove out to BFE to drop off the subframe mount cores. While I was at the guy's house, he asks "do you need a set of e30 brakes?" Sometimes, these things seem to be the work of fate. So I have a set of e30 brakes that I need to do a little modding to get to work. Finally, now I can get this thing on the road with the 323i rear end.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Now that my World of Warcraft 10 day trial is over, I can get back to the business of working on the car. Although being out in my 1912, un-insulated garage with no heater during this weather, is not a fun sounding idea.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    just means you need a BIG heater
    -Tyler-

I was leaning more toward the idea of building a new garage. But, that isn't going to happen for a couple years so I might need to look into that heater idea.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    the one I picked up a couple years ago cranks out 140,000 BTU's
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    A buddy of mine insulated a shop the size of Arsigi's with insulation that he got for FREE!
    He was at a local garbage transfer station and saw some insulation guys tossing a bunch of brand new stuff into the dumpster.
    So he asked them about it and they exchanged numbers and they gave it to him vs. paying to dump it.
    The downside of it is that the pieces were all under 3 feet long and were considered scraps.
    But who cares really because free is free!

even still, the size of his garage, kraft paper batted R12 or whatever would be cheap enough. I can help install if you want. pull your 110v etc first!

(⌐■_■)
    110? why waste the time

pull a 50a 240v service to it, then you can get to work building your all-electric brewing rig
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Do IT!
    Do a subpanel with both!

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Do you have the engine stand mounted to the engine mount location?

I don't. But have one that's identical. Although that mounting plate pictured is modded to fit. When I go pick up the motor, I'll see if I can trade pieces too.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2011.02.28 at 15:23 PM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    even still, the size of his garage, kraft paper batted R12 or whatever would be cheap enough. I can help install if you want. pull your 110v etc first!
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    110? why waste the time

pull a 50a 240v service to it, then you can get to work building your all-electric brewing rig
    Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Do IT!
    Do a subpanel with both!
    This stuff, when the new garage is built. I'm half tempted to level the garage due to it's condition. But it keeps the rain off my crap, so it stays until I can build a new one.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I know what ya mean!

I have always wanted to do a subpanel in my attached 2 car garage but it doesn't matter anyways because I can't even get a cat into it because there's soo much crap in it!

You have a 2 car garage? I'm jealous! Mine barely fits my E21 and that's after I take everything else out.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Yes but honestly it sucks!
    I was soo excited to get it then it filled up with kids stuff and sister inlaw stuff! AHHHH!
    It would take me 2 solid weekends of cleaning to even attempt to get a car to fit into it.

(⌐■_■)
    well, get started
    -Tyler-

I instantly started filling my garage with non-garage crap too. Which instantly took up too much space for a car to fit in it.

Fortunately I have a basement that is twice as big as the garage so most of that crap has another place to go.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

+ Reply to Thread