monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: 1981 BMW E21 320i in Alpinweiss, my plans to go from rough to tough

Here's a better shot.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    That's just pure sex. *drool*

Thanks! It's getting there. It's still a bucket.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I think she's hitting on your bucket! Hehe

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    I think she's hitting on your bucket! Hehe
    LOL! Its less of a bucket than mine.

I got tired of all the rusty rock chips in the front. So, I wet sanded the front, cleaned it up and then repainted the nose and other blemished spots around the car. The paint matches so nice, I'm impressed. I was amazed at how much the paint cleaned up with a little wet sanding. That should slow down the rust for the time being.

Now to get busy with the buffer and wax.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Here's the company I got the paint from. Great color match!

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

definitely seal that paint (don't use wax.. it'll be gone in 2 - 3 months)
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

What product would you suggest?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

any good paint sealant.. I just use Griot's stuff. Sealant won't quite produce the same shine that a natural wax will, but it will last 3 - 5x as long and won't simply evaporate like a wax will.

Wax is natural.. a good wax is extremely hard and can shine up beautifully, but it also evaporates whether you keep the car in a garage and protected or you're out driving it in the rain every day. The longest it will last is around 3 - 4 months.

Sealant is artificial.. is 80 - 90% as good as wax in the shine department, but will last 6 - 10 months depending on how much weather your paint sees, and won't simply evaporate if the car isn't in use.

sealant also tends to dry more quickly than wax does when you're applying it.

If you want, you can apply a coat or two or three of wax, then apply sealant over the top. It still won't last as long as just sealant (afaik?), but it'll definitely last a lot longer than wax will on its own. The sealant is super easy & quick to apply with a machine. I try to apply a coat every 3 - 6 months on my car just so I know that the paint is protected. Using wax on my car would be pointless. I'd have to apply it every few weeks
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Here's some better photos. Now I'm off to finish off the job.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Mid detail photo

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

The E30 sold. So, I'm going to go back to driving this as a daily. I'm sending the Rials off to be restored and repaired, getting some tires and tossing them on. I'll probably get some H&R springs and Billies while i'm at it. That'll make the car a little higher and ride soooo much better.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I'll have to hold off on refinishing the Rials, because I found a set o these pop up for sale. Mahle - BBS 15". Period appropriate sexiness! They'll eventually get refinished as well. But, like the Rials, they're worth keeping and collecting.

I have a pretty big weakness for old school mesh wheels.

I have a guy who might want to trade my stock 13" turbines for set o 15" Exip meshes. Man, I hope he wants to trade.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2012.07.24 at 03:51 AM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Here's an example of a Mahle equipped e21

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

nice..

Junior Member Deviate is on a distinguished road Deviate's Avatar
    I still can't get over how many clean old Bimmers there are here. In my 4 years at a large BMW shop in North Texas, I've seen one E21... and it wasn't even in the shop. It just drove past one day. E30s are antiques there, and even they're exceptionally difficult to find in anything that even resembles "good" condition.

Pacific Wonderland my friend. Welcome to your new favorite place that you've ever lived.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Oh hello there racecar! Lol!

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Junior Member Deviate is on a distinguished road Deviate's Avatar
    Sexy as hell, sir. I miss the old Bimmer shark nose and actual round headlights.

Here's a better photo.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I love that last picture!

For when I need to get someone's attention...

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    pffft, c'mon, get a real horn
    -Tyler-

The BBS Mahles need restoring before they're ready for road duty. They're pretty beat up and have many flat spots. So, I threw the tires on the Rial. Which are in a lot better shape than I gave them credit for.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

+ Reply to Thread