Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 1981 BMW E21 320i in Alpinweiss, my plans to go from rough to tough

how much does he want for them and what size are they?

factory iS front spoiler. find one.

Boom! Much better! Still have to align it a bit.

That IS spoiler doesn't do much for me. Maybe if it was painted to match.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2011.01.20 at 14:52 PM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Normal Member en318ispdx is on a distinguished road en318ispdx's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Boom! Much better!

That IS spoiler doesn't do much for me. Maybe if it was painted to match.
    Looking good! Can't wait to see this bad boy in person

And the new steering wheel

The splines are narrow. I think the E30 wheel will fit after all.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2011.01.21 at 21:11 PM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

thats a nice period correct lecarra - leave it.

I put on a little more cleaned up of kidneys and then re-blacked the grills. Then blacked the kidneys. They still were a little rough, so I did it to make the dents less noticeable. So the front is cleaned up minus the chipped up, rusted front end.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

get a hood bra for it. sooooo 80s and it'll hide the chippage.

I put on a little more cleaned up of kidneys and then re-blacked the grills. Then blacked the kidneys. They still were a little rough, so I did it to make the dents less noticeable. So the front is cleaned up minus the chipped up, rusted front end.
    Nice! I ended up buying myself a black kidney because i was so tired of repainting it! Lets see some pics!

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    Bras are for old ladies

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    There's no way in hell! I absolutely hate bras.

Quote: Originally Posted by en318ispdx View Post
    Nice! I ended up buying myself a black kidney because i was so tired of repainting it! Lets see some pics!
    You were doing it wrong. Plasti Dip. It's a rubberized coating that doesn't chip and looks just like SEM Trim Black.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

There's no way in hell! I absolutely hate bras.

You were doing it wrong. Plasti Dip. It's a rubberized coating that doesn't chip and looks just like SEM Trim Black.
    I tried everything from SEM bumper paint to apoxy primer, black ABS plastic > chromed plastic... Plus my side grills were euro and my kidney was US spec, looked funny to me!

So this steering wheel isn't working out. I put it on a little crooked and I'm ripping it apart to get it back off. One of those Mtechs are starting to look pretty good.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

gaaa dude that sucks

Yeah, the wheel got a little roughed up during the removal. Nothing a little Dremel'ing and some spray paint couldn't fix. I'll be putting the wheel up for sale and looking for something else. For now the stock wheel is back on. And it slid on and off with the greatest of ease!

Anyone want to buy a wheel for their racecar? $20.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Now you got me surfing for BMW's!
    My buddy had 2 BMW's and I loved both of them them but he sold one!

I almost instantly fell in love with this one. Even though the car is 29 years old, you can feel the quality of the build, the tightness of the tolerances and attention to detail. I especially love it since every part I look up on WorldPac averages between $5-15 so far. You would think that BMW parts would be expensive but so far, it's been cheaper to work on than my old MKII.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

shhh you're giving away all the secrets!

On the other hand, random parts cost a lot more than they should. For instance, a replacement headlight switch costs anywhere from $150-190.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Today I stripped the black off the grill. It just didn't look right.

vs. this (with a less dented up kidney)

Eventually, I'll pick up a brand new one. And the license plates will be replaced soon with Veteran plates, mounted under the bumper.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2011.01.24 at 16:16 PM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

do not hide the kidney. that chrome is good chrome. some things are best left alone. =)

I completely agree.

So, I've been on the hunt for euro bumpers and it's going to probably be the most expensive mod done to the car. They're about $1000-1500 new. Unless I can score a used set. I'm tempted to pick up the dented rusty set I came across for $80 and spend the $400 to have them re-chromed.

Even a little roughed up, they'd probably still look better than these US bumpers. The biggest reason is that ugly rubber molding on the sides. It totally breaks up the lines of the car.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Even a little roughed up, they'd probably still look better than these US bumpers. The biggest reason is that ugly rubber molding on the sides. It totally breaks up the lines of the car.
    So true! I can't wait to put euro bumpers strips on my e30 to eliminate the side markers

Seems thats how the germans are, they send us there ugly left over crap and keep the nicer shit!

lol you can blame the DOT for that

Yup, it's the US crash and safety standards that are the cause for all the crap we get. Bumpers used to be for just that, bumps.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

My E21 is making me love the internet even more. I've been able to find the European parts for my car in....Europe!

I've sourced a seller that has front and rear euro bumpers and a European front valence. So far the price is remarkable and it really only comes down to the price of shipping the parts from the Netherlands.

I've also ordered complete turn signal assemblies with clear lenses from Germany, for half the price of any US sellers. And the US sellers only sell the lenses. I'm expecting them to show up within the next week or so.

And for anyone else looking for quality, new BMW parts for older BMWs, I would strongly recommend Walloth & Nesch
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

+ Reply to Thread