monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CIS-E help.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Your theory seems pretty accurate. However, what made you think the plugs were bad?

placeholder doppelfaust will become famous soon enough doppelfaust's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Your theory seems pretty accurate. However, what made you think the plugs were bad?
    I pulled one to check it. Figured it was best to keep it simple; fuel, spark, air. Pulling the plug was the easiest thing to check... Figuring out why they had failed might be a better mystery to solve.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Got a pic of the suspicious plug?

Is it possible for a fuel pump relay to prime the pumps but not run after the fact?

I had the same issue I had before this morning, car almost started (running off the cold start valve I assume) but would not idle. I don't know what made me try it but I swapped out the fuel pump relay for a new one and my car immediately started.

fuel pump relays can do all sorts of wierd shit. I once saw a relay that shorted the ignition system and caused a no spark situation

Replaced the O2 sensor yesterday. That, along with the new fuel pump relay seems to have made for a pretty happy car. She runs great but her head ticks like mad so that's next on the list.

+ Reply to Thread