monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 135 FirstFirst ... 72 102 112 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3375

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

Normal Member electromage will become famous soon enough electromage's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    had the windshield replaced on the e60 by Mark of Leading Edge Auto Glass. Thankfully the top molding was replaced as well.. it was looking pretty sun damaged.

What did that cost? Mine is cracking

$800-something. That's for OEM parts. I've been told it could be under $500 for much cheaper stuff.

Of course, I promptly received nasty rock chip, so tack another $50 or so on to have that fixed

I do highly recommend giving Mark @ Leading Edge Auto Glass a call. He'll give you lots of options, and will do it right
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Adjusted the idle/throttle cables on my truck. Idle just disapeared couple days ago at a red light, kind of embarrassing
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Rebuilt one of the Boxster brembo calipers on the Avant that was making a lot of noise and causing uneven pad wear. Also installed new rotors (old were warped) and pads. Brakes work great now and are quiet! Basically did a a brake fluid flush with 2L of fluid trying to bleed them. Had lots of problems with a mushy pedal until I remembered that Brembo's have two bleeder valves per caliper. I was only doing the outer valve, doh! Bled both and now they are nice and firm.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

I love those calipers...
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    I love those calipers...
    I'm probably going to upgrade to the Boxster S or 996tt calipers. I've got the non-S and while they're a decent upgrade over stock, a bigger caliper/rotor would still be nice since the S6 weighs quite a bit more than a non-S Boxster so they aren't the best for repeated stops or track use.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

true. The non-S calipers are a great easy upgrade though. Otherwise you're spending a lot more to upgrade the rotors and go to the larger calipers

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Rechecked the belts on my wife's car (Passat) against the manual. I feel like a giant dick. Serpentine belts need to be replaced, not the timing belt. Should make belt replacement a lot easier.
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Pulled the spark plugs from the E36.. found oil in top. Pulled the valve cover and gasket. Will be installing a new gasket and new plugs tomorrow. Getting a code for the TPS and a knock sensor as well.. could explain the throttle hesitation I see sometimes

Replaced the valve cover gasket and spark plugs on the E36. Tested the throttle position sensor and discovered that it's completely shot... suddenly symptoms it's had make sense..

I painted my grilles black

ooh

need better photo in the sunlight.
    what paint did you use?

Ah, here's a better photo

I used Krylon 9218.

your frontend has so many less paint chips than mine does

your frontend has so many less paint chips than mine does
    Yeah, it's in good condition for 133k. PO must have been a weirdo.

Mine has 140'ish. It looked pretty good when I bought, except for a couple of obvious marks. But driving hwy 18 for several months did the bumper in

replaced the oil filter housing gasket, vanos oil line, crank case breather/oil separator and related pipes, throttle body gasket, cleaned the throttle body and idle control valve, replaced a fog light.. on the e60

Hoping this takes care of all the oil consumption issues the car has had.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Started tearing apart the toyota, and finally fried my el-cheapo harbor freight battery charger...
    -Tyler-

replaced the oil filter housing gasket, vanos oil line, crank case breather/oil separator and related pipes, throttle body gasket, cleaned the throttle body and idle control valve, replaced a fog light.. on the e60

Hoping this takes care of all the oil consumption issues the car has had.
    Are you sure it's a problem though? According to BMW "All BMW engines (excluding Motorsport) can consume up to 1 quart of engine oil per 750 miles at any time."

Yes... of course it's a problem. That quote is crap. Most people report consumption with the m54 of around 1 - 2 quarts around a 10k oil change. I was seeing a quart go every 500-1000 miles. That's silly.

Plus, the amount of oil crud left in the ccv and related pipes was high, and the amount of oil in the intake manifold was much worse now than it was about 10k miles ago when I replaced the disa valve. On top of that I was noticing more and more oil smoke coming out of the exhaust at full throttle. The car definitely wasn't using this much oil when I bought it, and it was obviously getting worse.

For what it's worth, my s50 consumes no oil as long as I don't use the engine compression to slow the car down a lot, and that engine has 199k miles (not quite 200k yet )

I'll know in another tank or so how much oil I'm losing from the e60 after the fixes. The work definitely needed to be done.

Yes... of course it's a problem. That quote is crap. Most people report consumption with the m54 of around 1 - 2 quarts around a 10k oil change. I was seeing a quart go every 500-1000 miles. That's silly.

Plus, the amount of oil crud left in the ccv and related pipes was high, and the amount of oil in the intake manifold was much worse now than it was about 10k miles ago when I replaced the disa valve. On top of that I was noticing more and more oil smoke coming out of the exhaust at full throttle. The car definitely wasn't using this much oil when I bought it, and it was obviously getting worse.

For what it's worth, my s50 consumes no oil as long as I don't use the engine compression to slow the car down a lot, and that engine has 199k miles (not quite 200k yet )

I'll know in another tank or so how much oil I'm losing from the e60 after the fixes. The work definitely needed to be done.
    I hope it does take care of it. Luckily mine has been fairly normal, I added one quart after about 4000 mi, I'm not sure it was full when I bought it. I'm at 7000 now and haven't gotten any warnings.

If mine was consuming a quart every 500-1000 I'd be pissed.

yeah.... going through more than a full amount of the engine's oil before the oil change interval is up.. is a bit much

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    That's what the volvo was doing, right before it tossed the HG...
    -Tyler-

eek
    well.. I'll know today or tomorrow how well the car is doing on oil consumption now.

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    New PIAA wiper blades for the Ridgeline. That's right, I'm a high roller!
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

+ Reply to Thread