Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 84 114 124 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 3365

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Replaced the rear brake pads and wear sensors on the wife's Q7, yesterday. Would have done the fronts as well, but couldn't get my hands on the sensors for the fronts.

I couldn't how flipping easy the pads on that vehicle are to replace. Once the wheel is off, all you need is a hammer and a long 1/4 extension (I used a similarly sized punch). A little PB blaster speeds things up, too.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Got everything straightened out with the switches

-Tyler-

looks nice. Is that a CB at the bottom?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Showed my Mk2 to a few gents last night. Sounds like they're coming back over Friday to buy it... Originally wanted it as a donor car for the engine but after seeing it in person one said he's going to use his other Mk2 TD as a donor and drive this one Kind of a relief to hear that, the car is in too good of shape to turn into a parts car, IMO.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    looks nice. Is that a CB at the bottom?
    yeah, need to fab up a bracket for that thing, I don't like how it's been mounted (zipties)
    -Tyler-

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    11 years ago today I bought the Jetta!

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Picked up the GTI from VW of Olympia yesterday. Had the P2015 code pop up and took the car in thinking it was the common issue of the flap valve failing. They ended replacing the intake manifold and sensors, all under warranty. Didn't think I'd miss driving the GTI after not having it for a week... Putting the Cobb stage 1 tune back on after dinner.
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    So this was a huge surprise!

good stuff Tony..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

(⌐■_■)
    finally got some more dirt on it

-Tyler-

gah I want a 4runner. Londa doesn't like them

(⌐■_■)
    but she drives a Compass, that's super confusing
    -Tyler-

Normal Member V8-190e is on a distinguished road V8-190e's Avatar
    I kid you not....

The driver's side motor mount on my 2012 GMC Sierra is broken and it it will be replaced under the the factory power train warranty.... The warranty in Canada is 160,000km / 5 Years.... I am at 159,912km and the 5 years runs out July 12...

(⌐■_■)
    excellent timing!
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    but she drives a Compass, that's super confusing
    I don't know exactly why she doesn't like the 4runner. I think it's partly because "it looks like a truck".. though she wants a truck.. a Tacoma even. Her attitude is that if you want/need a truck.. you get a truck and not an suv that looks like a truck.

She wants her SUVs to drive more like cars..

(⌐■_■)
    lol, no logic can be used there
    -Tyler-

yeah...

Motor mount

So.... I got the motor mount changed under warranty. The service tech could not believe that I was at but not over 160,000km when I pulled in. This pic was outside the service bay at the dealer...gotta say it was pretty hard to stop looking at the odo on my way there...

Click image for larger version

Name:	123.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	593

On the weekend I finally was able to get to the block id and see what it says on my Camaro. Turns out that the motor is a Corvette 5.7L TPI and not the 5.0L Camaro TPI it would have came with when built. That would explain partly why it likes to burn the tires as easily as it does . This is great from a drivers perspective and adding more power - jury still out though on if it hurts the value of this car not to have the original motor.

wow.. I bet that's the last thing you expected

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Replaced fuel filter on my truck. Definitely needed to be changed, filter was close to being black.

Drove it to Leavenworth yesterday and hot my first ticket in over 14 years.

5 over....?....Must remember to stay right on target next time we are in Leavenworth...

Clocked doing 72 in a 60 coming down the steepest part after the ski resort. Cop dropped it to 65.

Washed the GTI and truck a couple days ago. It was the first time washing the truck since I bought it Labor Day weekend last year

+ Reply to Thread