Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 31 61 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

Quote: Originally Posted by Bart Taylor View Post
    i walked by it....looked at it in disgust... then went in the house
    which one?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

went over the paint again with a cutting pad and finesse-it. i now have one shiny turd. i cant wait for the 190 to be gone so I can keep this thing in the garage.

polished and sealed every panel on the driver's side of the wagon.. applied a second coat of wax to the hood. Polished & sealed the rear hatch and top of the rear bumper. Still have the passenger side, most of the roof, front bumper, and most of the rear bumper to polish, and the whole car needs at least one coat of wax for some extra shine. Then I need to detail the interior, engine, wheels, etc... have at least a couple more full days of work on the car to go. Ugh..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

btw.. I pulled my smoked sidemarkers that I got from parts4euro so I could more easily polish my front bumper and saw that the back of the bulb housing (where it 'screws' in) was completely melted on both of the markers. They are now completely unusable, other than just making the car look better. I was very happy with the look of the markers, but knowing how cheap that plastic is with just the stock low wattage bulbs makes me think twice about buying more

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I need to do all of that to Jen's car. What's a set-up from Griots run these days?
    -Tyler-

placeholder doppelfaust will become famous soon enough doppelfaust's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    I need to do all of that to Jen's car. What's a set-up from Griots run these days?
    According to the catalog its about $272 without paint sealant...

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    hmm, maybe they'll be running some sort of special at Waterwerks
    -Tyler-

ty - bring it over sometime we'll do it in my garage. i have a porter cable now that just NEEDS to be used

(⌐■_■)
    when the weather cools down a bit, sure
    -Tyler-

why? my garage is a constant 70F

(⌐■_■)
    you lucky sob
    -Tyler-

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    I feel like starting a 'What did you do to every one elses vehicle today' thread...

(⌐■_■)
    haha
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by doppelfaust View Post
    According to the catalog its about $272 without paint sealant...
    I spent a little over $300 on the orbital, 2 polish pads & 1 wax pad, number 3 polish, one step paint sealant (awesome stuff btw), best in show wax, glass polish, glass polish pads, tire dressing, engine bay dressing, 3 polish removal microfiber cloths x2.

I already had clay bar, speed shine, and anything else needed to detail the car. Obviously if you don't need the glass polishing stuff, engine & tire dressing, sealant or wax, etc. then you can save some money there. Considering most show interior/exterior details go for $250+, to me this is a good deal. I'll have paid off all of this gear after the first detail.

good news is.. even though it's been over 1.5 years, Parts4Euro has offered to replace the sidemarkers.

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    you lucky sob
    heh I work hard for my shit
    srsly tho, let's git 'er dun. detail day!

final work shift of the week tonight.. then immediately afterward I'll start work on detailing the car. I have to finish it up this week, and make it shine.

Normal Member curtnutss is on a distinguished road
    pulled out the entire interior, In a E36 bmw not easy ! replaced a butt load of botched wiring and then broke the turn signal lever ! and in my other car found my transmission sagging about 3 inches !! ffffffffff I'm going to bed !

I feel like an ass ....
    Last edited by curtnutss; 2010.07.12 at 23:10 PM.

gotta love old cars

haha yup I have to replace the t-stat in the E320
    and adjust the valves on the 280TE before ww

I put it on stands, unbolted the exhaust ... and a cross member ....... now i'm sitting on my couch, procrastinating...........

my car is so pretty right now :heart:

photos, joel ......?

Quote: Originally Posted by curtnutss View Post
    photos, joel ......?
    the only photo I have from today is this one:

the car:

PIMP, TDI for the win !

+ Reply to Thread