Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 135 FirstFirst ... 81 111 121 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3375

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

Fwd cars change a lot with one of those.. don't make it too stiff though. Fwd cars also doing react well when the rear steps out unexpectedly at the limits.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Swapped out a coil-pack on the Audi Q7, a couple days ago. I noticed it looked a little burnt when I changed the plugs a couple weeks ago. Engine sounds a lot happier, now, and the gas mileage is a bit improved.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

took the wife's fwd jeep to leavenworth and back.. super dirty, but it handled the snow well enough. I'm just glad that we didn't need to use chains.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    wait, there's FWD jeeps?
    -Tyler-

Indeed.
    She wanted manual.. the only manual non-Wrangler Jeeps that were sold at the time were not available with 4wd/awd. Now the renegade is an option as well, I believe.

It's very difficult to find 4wd/awd cars or SUVs anywhere in the US that are available with manual transmissions

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    As well as manufacturers not liking to do custom ordered vehicles anymore either. That's what makes me really sad. Toyota doesn't do *any* custom orders now, best you can do is try and find the set of options you want somewhere in the country and have it shipped :\
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Gonna have to start troubleshooting the climate control system on the Volvo :\ Was just blowing cold air this morning when I drove in to Portland, and it was 20F outside... Damn this thing is complicated https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/tech/se...ystem-Auto.pdf
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    As well as manufacturers not liking to do custom ordered vehicles anymore either. That's what makes me really sad. Toyota doesn't do *any* custom orders now, best you can do is try and find the set of options you want somewhere in the country and have it shipped :\
    that's definitely annoying. VW is the same way. Only the higher end mfg'ers take custom orders these days

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    This is a mini rant about what I've done to my car, today.

Got up early, and cleaned all the garbage out of the A3, this morning. Then, drove up to Larson Audi for my 55k service appointment. During my last service, I was told the previous owner had paid for all the service through 55k. I even had University Audi write that down for me on my service slip. Today, I'm told they incorrectly informed me about the 55k limit, and that it had only been paid through 45k. FML

As I'm leaving, the service writer offers me a $110 oil change. I decline, and tell her I can do it myself, for about half that. She offers me a free car wash, which I accept. As I'm sitting down, she tells me my car has a warranty recall for the coolant pump, and a software update to the ECU. I tell her to go ahead with the 3 hour coolant pump, and declined the ECU upgrade. She tries to tell me it's a needed update, and I should t skip it. I again decline, and explain to her the car is chipped. She tells me the software upgrade won't replace the chip. I again decline. Why did that take so long?

30 minutes later, the lady calls me and says the coolant pump will take 4-5 hours.

It's not my day. At least I got a brand new A3 2.0T Quattro loaner car. My next car, without a doubt, will have Quattro. The wife has had two consecutive cars with it. It's my turn.

l Arron lSPACE

and then you watched druggies, right?

in the middle of all that, yeah. It was like being at work.

l Arron lSPACE

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Washed both of the tuna baskets

Regular Member V8-190e is on a distinguished road V8-190e's Avatar
    I finally found a nice early Alpine cassette....

Attachment 577

And then 2 days later I found an even nicer early Alpine CD player...

Attachment 578

So now I am likely going to install the CD? Not sure yet....

(⌐■_■)
    built a storage box for the back of the 4-Runner
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by V8-190e View Post
    I finally found a nice early Alpine cassette....

Attachment 577

And then 2 days later I found an even nicer early Alpine CD player...

Attachment 578

So now I am likely going to install the CD? Not sure yet....
    What's a CD?

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    What's a CD?
    A circular flash drive type of thing that is awkward to store and makes you look older and more useless when you handle it in public...

haha

I never really liked using CDs in cars. But then.. by the time I could afford to have more than a tape deck on a car I could play mp3 CDs, so I usually had one disc in there for months at a time.

(⌐■_■)
    put a quick-disconnect on the CB antenna of the 4 Runner
    -Tyler-

Had Accuracy Automotive fix some bearing noise and weak cabin heating in the e60.. still have to replace the AC compressor bearing.. and maybe the throw out bearing

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Dropped the GTI off at VW of Olympia for coolant pump recall. Just got a phone call saying the pump was already done before I bought the car. That works
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Had the same recall done on the Audi a couple weeks ago.

l Arron lSPACE

I have done a few things the last couple of days to the old Iroc... Still feel a bit odd saying I own one...

Anyway, I have done the following so far on my quest for an updated interior:

Removed the center console and re-carpeted it with new black carpet
    Replaced the red (vinyl dyed black) kick panels with real black panels with new black carpet
    Changed the front 4x6 speakers out (again) for some nice new 4" round Energy ones
    Pulled all the other garbage stereo stuff out of the car
    Installed the billet short shifter assembly on the T5
    Pulled the old weathered shift boot off in preparation for the new one that is coming
    Started removing the dash cluster so I can replace the temp gauge

Other "trying to stay period correct-ish" things in the works include:
    Installing the Recaros after the centers are reupholstered
    installing the Alpine CD, A/D/S amp, Clif designs rear speakers and Dr Crankenstein sub
    Dropping it down a bit on the old school Suspension Techniques springs I found
    And...if I can find them...picking up a pair of 3 piece billet Centerline rims or Epsilon mesh wheels.

I'll post a few pics once it is all back together. Pretty sure it is not everyone's cup of tea but it is very fun to drive and gets a ton of attention.

We like people who like cars.. doesn't matter if it's a car we'd buy or build ourselves. I'm always interested in seeing projects.

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Got one of the Tarmacs repaired. I guess I hit one of the many potholes on East Marginal Way...
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

time to go to extra large tires

+ Reply to Thread