Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 135 FirstFirst ... 82 112 122 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3375

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

We hit a deer with my wife's Jeep tonight.. stupid deer.

Thankfully it was at a pretty low speed, so it looks like only a damaged bumper, fog light, and headlight
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post

Thankfully it was at a pretty low speed, so it looks like only a damaged bumper, fog light, and headlight
    Get a WDFW salvage tag for the deer?
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

we were on our way to her family's cabin for a quiet weekend with our kid.. not really interested in butchering a deer

on further inspection, the hood and fender are also damaged. Going to be fun
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post

Ouch! Everyone alright (aside from the deer, I'm guessing)?

Regular Member V8-190e is on a distinguished road V8-190e's Avatar
    I bought an NOS late 80's early 90's Alpine 3522 2 channel amp yesterday for $40! And that is Canadian so only about $30 usd to most of you ... Also came with the manual, plugs and wiring but no box.

Also, since it seems I might have "accidentally" collected too much car audio gear recently... I think I am going to make a small car audio demo board/display for in my garage. I think it will be a fun project.

Something like this - with doors that can be closed when not in use to keep the dust off everything.

Attachment 582
    Last edited by V8-190e; 2017.02.23 at 10:48 AM.

Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    Ouch! Everyone alright (aside from the deer, I'm guessing)?
    yup.. thanks. We're all fine.. we hit it at about 10 mph. It's more like it ran into us. We had the damage estimated today and we'll be taking it to a shop hopefully in 1.5 weeks, so it can be worked on while we're gone for about a week (we're going to Hawaii.. finally!)

Quote: Originally Posted by V8-190e View Post
    I bought an NOS late 80's early 90's Alpine 3522 2 channel amp yesterday for $40! And that is Canadian so only about $30 usd to most of you ... Also came with the manual, plugs and wiring but no box.

Also, since it seems I might have "accidentally" collected too much car audio gear recently... I think I am going to make a small car audio demo board/display for in my garage. I think it will be a fun project.

Something like this - with doors that can be closed when not in use to keep the dust off everything.

Attachment 582
    so old school

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Full detail on the 90qs with Griot's complete compound, total sealant, and poly wax. Taking pictures and listing it for sale tomorrow.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

I miss occasional details ..

Good luck with the sale

Got my sweet 1989 Alpine CD installed today! So far the deck is in and the pre-outs are run back to the trunk, the dash speakers are wired and I am getting ready to install the rear speakers and the A/D/S 6 channel also in the trunk.

Attachment 583

I also changed out the trunk carpet, a few pieces of plastic and trim that I have picked up over the last few months.

Attachment 584

Now I have to finally do something about those awful seats...

Checked oil in the E60 yesterday.. put a quart in.. then proceeded to drop the oil cap into the engine bay. Ugh. I had to lift the car up in the gravel, unscrew part of the gravel guard, then reach in and pull the cap out. That delayed a trip we took last night.. so that was fun

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    So not what I wanted to be dealing with last night

Distracted driver, looking at her phone, pushed the 4 Runner forward the length of the wheelbase. All the body panels are straight, but the hitch bent down ~1", so I'm wondering if it tweaked the frame at all
    -Tyler-

Sheesh

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Submitted my 90 to Bring A Trailer...hopefully that'll help weed out the flakes. I've now had at least 5 people back out of appointments to look at the car at the last minute or just not show up and cease contact. Was supposed to receive a deposit last Friday but then they stopped responding to emails and never sent it. A simple 'no longer interested' email would be sufficient. Top it off with the car I was hoping to buy that I had been in contact with the owner for a few months now was listed for sale (auction) yesterday. That explains why they also stopped responding to my emails with no notice despite discussing a deal for quite a while. Once again, a simple response would've been appreciated. People these days...probably should've posted this in the rant section
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    Distracted driver, looking at her phone, pushed the 4 Runner forward the length of the wheelbase. All the body panels are straight, but the hitch bent down ~1", so I'm wondering if it tweaked the frame at all
    I'm sorry. Best of luck... I'm still in a dispute with USAA and that was from 20 DEC.

Quote: Originally Posted by alxdgr8 View Post
    Submitted my 90 to Bring A Trailer...hopefully that'll help weed out the flakes. I've now had at least 5 people back out of appointments to look at the car at the last minute or just not show up and cease contact. Was supposed to receive a deposit last Friday but then they stopped responding to emails and never sent it. A simple 'no longer interested' email would be sufficient. Top it off with the car I was hoping to buy that I had been in contact with the owner for a few months now was listed for sale (auction) yesterday. That explains why they also stopped responding to my emails with no notice despite discussing a deal for quite a while. Once again, a simple response would've been appreciated. People these days...probably should've posted this in the rant section
    I completely agree... not hard to write a 1 sentence response... best of luck with the sale, though! I wish I could justify getting it..

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    So not what I wanted to be dealing with last night

That sucks - getting caught on your phone up here is getting really serious from a fines perspective.

"On Monday, the B.C. Government announced these new penalties, which will be a $368 dollar fine and four demerit points of $175, meaning a total of $543. If you collect more than three points on your driving record in 12 months, ICBC charges you a Driver Penalty Point (DPP) premium.

A second distracted driving ticket within 12 months will pay $368, totalling $888 dollars.

A third offence would cost a driver more than $3,000"

Quote: Originally Posted by V8-190e View Post
    That sucks - getting caught on your phone up here is getting really serious from a fines perspective.

"On Monday, the B.C. Government announced these new penalties, which will be a $368 dollar fine and four demerit points of $175, meaning a total of $543. If you collect more than three points on your driving record in 12 months, ICBC charges you a Driver Penalty Point (DPP) premium.

A second distracted driving ticket within 12 months will pay $368, totalling $888 dollars.

A third offence would cost a driver more than $3,000"
    Good! If you want to multi-task, take public transit or use hands-free.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Even though she admitted to being on her phone, they cannot cite her as there is no true witness

And I think it is gonna be expensive for their insurance, the rear cargo cover no longer fits snugly into it's holders on the sides of the trunk, which would indicate that the sides are not the same distance apart anymore...

-Tyler-

bummer.

The box I made is carpeted and installed in the lower well area of the Iroc now.

Attachment 590

Attachment 591

All amps are screwed to the box and the the whole assembly can be removed pretty easily. The power and grounds to all amps are connected to separate distribution blocks so I can just undo the feed lines, pull the rca's and speaker plugs and out it comes. Not ideal from a theft perspective mind you...

The rear speakers and the sub are connected currently - I am waiting for a new power plug for the front amp. Once that arrives I will add the EQ and it will be done.

The single Tang Band Neodymium magnet 8" is pretty fantastic now that it has a decent amp driving it. Definitely as much punch and low end as I will need.

...And yes I am about to go and vacuum back there now...

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    That is slick!
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Vacuumed out over a gallon of water from the E60.. eek. Having it worked on tomorrow for a replacement of the AC compressor bearing and an oxygen sensor, so I'll see if they can diag the water source too.

In the mean time, my m3's water pump decided to explode coolant all over my engine, and the tstat housing was also cracked. The lower radiator hose was a bit old as well, and when they went to pull it off the radiator endtank cracked.. so the radiator, water pump, tstat housing, and lower radiator hose are all being replaced.. plus a brake fluid flush, and protective film onto the new Bosch Euro e36 projector headlights.

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    It's been a week, but I added navigation to my ST via a software update and some coding.

Just a software update? No hardware.. not even the GPS receiver?

+ Reply to Thread