Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 83 113 123 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3346

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Just a software update? No hardware.. not even the GPS receiver?
    No. Apparently all Focus' come with a GPS receiver for emergency purposes. I have the same head unit as the model with nav. I did have to acquire a Nav SD card, but I "found" one some time ago. People are selling the back half of the head unit with the proper coding and an SD card for $800 online. After about an hour of digging, I was able to fond all the info i needed to get set up.

crazy that Ford doesn't include nav with just a software and coding change being what's needed to make it happen.. but then this is hardly the only example of car manufacturers making money on options.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Yeah, the bulk of the money comes from the SD card. At purchase, it's about a $1500 upgrade.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    I thought you "bought" it.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    I thought you "bought" it.
    Yeah, acquired by "buying"

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    ahh.. makes more sense, now.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Normal Member ExplosiveToaster will become famous soon enough ExplosiveToaster's Avatar
    I broke down and did something to the R:

AWE Switchpath catback and a set of EBC yellows for going to the track in 2 weeks.
    - Mike | My Photos | '16 VW Golf R | '87 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Put the Sparco wheels with Michelin tires on the GTI
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Normal Member ExplosiveToaster will become famous soon enough ExplosiveToaster's Avatar
    Installed an 034 Motorsports intake on the R since the quiet factory intake was now inaudible with the new exhaust

- Mike | My Photos | '16 VW Golf R | '87 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Installed a new map with the Cobb Accessport

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Installed my K&W V1's, will update my thread later

sweet coils
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Replaced the windshield wipers with a set of Bosch Icons, just in time for the downpour earlier today

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    4Runner : pulled the bent hitch off, can barely tell it was run into just glancing at it
    Volvo: pulled the sub, amp, and associated wiring. Replaced the gauge cluster bulbs, which means pretty much pulling apart the entire dash :\
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Finally sold the B4V, tired of it taking up a spot in our garage since December... Now I get to move the laundry room to the garage and remodel it.

Congrats..

Normal Member V8-190e is on a distinguished road V8-190e's Avatar
    I Switched the Flowmaster muffler for a Dynomax stainless one on the Camaro. Both are 3" in/out but the Dynomax has way less drone and it still sounds like a v8 when you get on it. Went cruising around on Sat night which I haven't done in a long time.

Biggest benefit is I can actually hear the radio while driving without having to blast it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	iroc at night.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	592

Installed LED brake light bulbs in the GTI, then changed coding in VCDS. The more I use VCDS, the more I respect people who are VAGcom wizards

the more you have cars that can't use VCDS the more you'll appreciate how easy it is to use VCDS

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    the more you have cars that can't use VCDS the more you'll appreciate how easy it is to use VCDS
    Yeah, have that with my truck. However, my VCDS skills need work... I somehow coded the lights to work with LED bulbs, but activated the drivers side reverse light the whole drive to work. Glad I have 8hrs to research the proper way to code it when I get home

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Put the roof basket on the 4runner last evening, definitely not going to leave it mounted on there all the time, just driving across town I could feel the extra drag
    -Tyler-

I had my e60 washed.. holy moly! It's been about a year. I've driven the car 80k miles in the last few years that I've owned it, and still looks pretty (from 10+ feet away) when clean.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Sounds like it needs a good claying...

indeed it does.. hasn't been detailed since I bought it. I just don't have time any more though.. hence why it hadn't been washed in so long.

I couldn't see this when the car was dirty, but the front bumper is soooo peppered with rock chips now. Pretty crazy..

(⌐■_■)
    Productive day. Finally got the brake lines replaced on the Volvo, cleaned the wheels w/ degreaser while I was at it, and rotated the tires. Needs an interior detailing and then it will officially be for sale. And tore into the accessory wiring in the Toyota. My knee kept hitting a couple of switches that Zane had put off to the left of the steering column, so I mounted the switch plate I bought the other week, extended a bunch of wiring, and got all the switches moved to below the radio. Now need to figure out if something is wrong with the wiring for the locker, or if it's just not engaging like I expect, indicator light is not coming on when I think it should, project for another evening.
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread