Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 85 115 125 130 131 132 133 134 135
Results 3,351 to 3,373 of 3373

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Oil change on the A3, yesterday. Had previously ordered a Bosch filter from the local auto parts store, but they returned it after two days because we didn't pick it up. I explained to them that was because they never flippn' called us to say it was in stock. They found one within a couple hours, so I got it done.

Found out my O2 sensor wire was ripped to shreds while I was under there. I assume the shop that built and installed my exhaust didn't zip tie it in place. Lazy techs piss me off.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2017.07.20 at 20:33 PM.

tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Got it running for the first time in 18 months.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '96 GTi

Talking about the Cosworth? I'm so happy to see that driving
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Installed a RAM mount for my phone in the 4Runner
    -Tyler-

love those.. been using mine for over five years in four different cars now. I did have to buy a new suction cup a year or so ago, but that changed out very easily.

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Washed the Touareg. Now to clean the inside....
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

swapped out the headlight switch on the F10.. replaced with one that has a rear fog button.

550i things..

I like this angle..

I found another Carbon Black 550i M-Sport to park next to at work.. e60

my two cars.. the m3 hasn't been washed in a while, and some of the paint's clear coat is peeling, but it's still fun

- - - Updated - - -

so I enabled the rear fog. Of all of the cars I've owned, this was by far the easiest car to enable or install rear fogs. I will change codes to have only the driver's rear fog light on, but I'm glad I'll be able to have a more visible car in the crazy rain spray we get in the PNW.

The "enable" for the rear fog was... pop out the trim panel with the headlight switch, unplug the switch, unscrew the switch from the panel, screw new switch into the panel, plug the switch in, pop the trim panel back in. The wiring and tail lights are already there.

- - - Updated - - -

one big concern I had when buying the car was the shiny leather steering wheel. I started looking into how to fix this, and realized that the shinyness is largely is largely from dirt. So I bought a leather cleaning brush that I saw recommended by many online and used Griot's Interior Cleaner. Here's some before and after..

before..

in the middle of cleaning..

after..

It only took about a half hour.. I'm very happy with it. It feels like what I want from a nice steering wheel again.. and it feels like dirt won't stick to it as easily again.

Afterward I peeled off the efficient dynamics and bmw roadside assistance stickers. One sticker is now on my garage door..

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    finally finished adding some LEDs to the rear hatch on the 4runner (see that thread for more details)
    -Tyler-

drove over someone's muffler on I-5 on Wednesday night.. ended up driving the 25 miles home on the run flat tire, taking another 1.5 hours or so. Pretty crazy. If I had a spare I could have had it on the car in ~15 minutes and been on my way.. and I might have even been able to repair the tire since there was no visible damage. Then I had to spend $150 more than if I had the tires I want, because I have these run flats that are expensive and aren't as good (because the best run flat tires you can get are still not very high performing).

So I had the tire replaced yesterday morning and I'm driving again.. just had to pay almost two car payments worth to fix it

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    that sucks

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    Installed the roof rack back on the Rabbit today. Now I have a place to store the truck tent this winter.

(⌐■_■)
    Finally got the volvo sold
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Wasn't today, but happened about a week ago. Was changing lanes on I-5 in Lacey and noticed the rumble of the turtles was a lot harder/louder than it should have been. Pulled off at the next exit and found a hole in my sidewall about the size of my thumb. $500 later... I've got new tires, and had to raise my coils about 3/4" to accommodate the 45 series tires I had put on. Discount didn't have the size I was running, so I had to compromise

l Arron lSPACE

wtf how would that happen?

I have no clue, Joel. I Had driven from Bellevue to Lacey without issue. Without warning, about a mile from my exit, I noticed the issue when changing lanes. No pulling to the one side, no other indications of an issue. Just a really hard hit in the lane turtles, and a decent hole in the sidewall when I pulled off the highway.

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    Got the 4Runner back from the body shop today, and spent the evening re-mounting the bumpers. Rig isn't back to 100%, still a couple of spot that don't align perfectly, but it's a far cry from how it was after that girl hit me
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Installed LED headlight bulbs in the truck, and got the Touareg back from emissions modification

Replaced hood struts on the truck

+ Reply to Thread