Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 135 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 39 69 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

my 7 year old helped me make a decision today
    he loves cars

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar
    I added a KUDA phone/IPOD base holder and a Dice Electronics IPOD adapter to my wifes B5.5 Variant

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Thats pretty sweet! did you make the console for it or do they make a kit or something?

What i did today: Installed battery tray in the trunk, made negative battery cable, removed positive and negative battery cables under the hood, installed power dist block under hood, installed both headlights and grill, secured the external oil cooler lines to the rad fan housing, ziptied a bunch of shit, properly installed the fuel filter bracket, rerouted some wiring, and then I gave up. All of this was on the Scirocco GTD.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    stripped all the MS components (except the O2 sensor) out of the '80, put a replacement fuel line between the filter and dizzy on the 76, started to de-rust a few parts.
    -Tyler-

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Well, it wasnt today, but yesterday, I lowered the GTD another 19mm. much better.

Got a set of these to refinish. They are the original set that Hillside had on the car in 2001

on a new beetle?

interesting..

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    on a new beetle? interesting..
    No they were the winter wheels on a NB for the last few years. They will be going on my TT Roadster after they are re-finished. Going to go with a satin silver for a brushed look kind of like the finish on the roll hoops.

Like this as it was back in the day -->

Last edited by lurkertom; 2010.09.11 at 08:15 AM. Reason: added photos

Lets see here... Aligned the GTD (drives much better), diagnosed the $650 Vanagon Carat (needs a head but at least its the easy one), tweaked the rocco a bit, 15psi @5200 rpm. I think I will leave the rocco alone for now and just drive it as the engine is new and needs some breaking in...

Oh, and picked up an 01 Jetta WE 1.8t for $350. Needs a clutch and timing belt..

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Had a guy from my Audi board come up and take some parts off of my parts Audi while I was out in the driveway working on my truck.

We couldn't get a couple of the bolts out holding the door on so we sawzall'd them right off.....fun stuff!

On my truck I took off the military fuel pump and replaced it with a civilian sedan fuel pump and seems to be working now! Time to buy a rebuild kit for the military one!
    I also drove the truck around the neighborhood for a good 1/2 hour to terrorize the new snooty neighborhood behind mine... hahaha

got bored since SE GTG was super quiet came home and texturised my rear impact strip. sporty.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    pulled a bunch more stuff of the gray Scirocco yesterday during the BBQ

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    re-installed my EVOMS V-Flow intake and EuroJet heat shield on friday.

as soon as my new front hub gets here from DBC Tuning, I'll install that and some H&R SuperSport springs. Need to find the time to put my VF motor/tranny mounts back in too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Oh, and picked up an 01 Jetta WE 1.8t for $350. Needs a clutch and timing belt..
    wow.....
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    got bored since SE GTG was super quiet came home and texturised my rear impact strip. sporty.
    now that I compare it with a shot from before I think it looks really good (helps that you have other bits blacked out). Do the front now

I have to purchase a replacement for the front, mine is cracked. i also want the euro plate widget.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Installed these today:

(the struts are stock. I need to either replace them soon or pony up some extra skrilla for coils again)

got the new OEM carpeted floor mats today...

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    Coils-will have to wait until I get back

New shift boot and e-brake boot custom made by Ron at RMA Motorsport. *

E-brake boot is being test fitted on his car...

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Nice shift/ebrake covers!

Quote: Originally Posted by ENRGZR View Post
    Ron at RMA Motorsport.

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Ok... I take it either you don't like the guy, or think that I was trying to advertise on his behalf?

Quote: Originally Posted by ENRGZR View Post
    Ok... I take it either you don't like the guy, or think that I was trying to advertise on his behalf?
    nah.. has nothing to do with you. Feel free to post anything about any company on here if you're not directly affiliated, as long as it's done in at least a somewhat respectful way. But yes, I do have a big problem with Ron for at least a couple of reasons. It's nothing to do with any work quality, since I haven't seen anything he's done. My issues with him are with him personally.

Anyway....
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Fine Tuning took care of my wagon's 50k service.. as well as the important bits of the 40k service.. today. New cabin filter after 30k miles is a good thing

Normal Member rover31 is on a distinguished road rover31's Avatar
    Cleaned my sunroof water drains. Hopefully no more wearing rain jackets in the car.

+ Reply to Thread