Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 43 73 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Aaah, I didn't have such a problem. I had air and impact wrench on my side.
    and you apparently pushed your caliper piston in without rotating it

I don't see how any pneumatic wrench I've ever seen could fit in this space, but it'd be awesome if one did...
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Regular Member DowNnOutDubin is on a distinguished road DowNnOutDubin's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I don't see how any pneumatic wrench I've ever seen could fit in this space, but it'd be awesome if one did...
    How do you liked the braided lines? I've always thought about getting some but never have. They have a nice kit for my car that comes with all the lines and the line for the clutch.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    wish I had a compressor still. I won't settle for anything but a nice big belt-drive one though, those little oil-less things drive me crazy, too much ****ing noise!
    -Tyler-

I always feel like I'm cheating when I use air, everything just becomes too easy!

Quote: Originally Posted by DowNnOutDubin View Post
    ooh.. that wrench would probably fit!

and I don't have braided lines... yet. The photo showing those isn't mine.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

If I remember right with my mk4 (Allen bolt instead of triple square)... I just added some more leverage to the end of of the ratchet.

Quote: Originally Posted by DowNnOutDubin View Post
    If I remember right with my mk4 (Allen bolt instead of triple square)... I just added some more leverage to the end of of the ratchet.
    it's a possibility.. Hil reminded me on facebook that I could have put my factory lug wrench on the end of the wrench to use a shorter breaker bar. That would at least fit inside the wheel well.

i spent the day behind the wheel of a Cube.

^ Roflvomit!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

its an interesting ride, thats for sure. not quite what I expected.

I took a picture of her:
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    its an interesting ride, thats for sure. not quite what I expected.
    it's a Renault

it's a Renault
    seriously? is it the same pan as a megane?
    the worst part is the drivetrain. the engine is small and buzzy, and the transmission hunts a lot.
    it has only 2 speeds on the automatic selector, and an O/D on/off button.
    if you're on the fwy and you turn off OD, it goes down TWO gears. you can't get it to hold 3rd no matter what you do.
    i got less than 30 MPG and it wanders all over the freeway in the slightest wind. it gets kinda scary at 75+.
    tomorrow I get another 80 miles of seat time down the 405. whee!

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    seriously? is it the same pan as a megane?
    the worst part is the drivetrain. the engine is small and buzzy, and the transmission hunts a lot.
    it has only 2 speeds on the automatic selector, and an O/D on/off button.
    if you're on the fwy and you turn off OD, it goes down TWO gears. you can't get it to hold 3rd no matter what you do.
    i got less than 30 MPG and it wanders all over the freeway in the slightest wind. it gets kinda scary at 75+.
    tomorrow I get another 80 miles of seat time down the 405. whee!
    meh.. seems I'm not exactly correct. Either way, it was sold in Europe & Japan for a while before it was brought over here.

shares its platform with (according to wikipedia):
    Nissan Cube
    Nissan March/Micra Mk.III
    Renault Clio Mk.II/Mk.III
    Renault Modus
    Renault Twingo Mk.II

A version with stretched wheelbase is used for the following cars:
    Nissan Cubeł
    Nissan Note
    Nissan Tiida/Nissan Versa
    Nissan Bluebird Sylphy G11
    Nissan Juke
    Nissan Wingroad Y12
    Nissan NV200

well, I did some additional reading too, turns out the automatic is a CVT. No wonder it'd hang for so long at some RPMs.
    I think if it was a stick, with some mild suspension mods and better tires, it'd begin to approach OK.

MR18DE – 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine
    Horsepower – 122 hp @ 5,200 rpm
    Torque – 127 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

lol makes my M42 seem downright powerful

well.. having driven a recent Clio I can tell you there's nothing inherently wrong with how the platform itself drives.

Japanese and American manufacturers seem to think that American car buyers want a car that doesn't have good feel or control. I just don't get it...

yeah it has been quite uninspiring. makes my old B5 seem downright sporty.

Normal Member curtnutss is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by curtnutss View Post
    last post in this thread, http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1195367&page=9 !
    hehe.. guess that's one way to get things done

I couldn't get my car up on a curb.. unless it's less than 2 - 3" high, and then that kind of loses the point of using a curb

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by curtnutss View Post
    last post in this thread, http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1195367&page=9 !
    Lil bro you are the man! I have not checked your build thread in awhile I will catch up on it tomorrow!

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Well, it was yesterday, but I cleaned up some rust spots in the SR area of the GTD. Shit was leaking water directly into my lap! the car does not leak at all anywhere else. So I guess thats the best part is the car wants me to know that its leaking. POR-15 and some sanding and we shall see if that did the trick.

bought a can of wrinkle black to do some engine detail work on the cafe.

hehe.. guess that's one way to get things done

I couldn't get my car up on a curb.. unless it's less than 2 - 3" high, and then that kind of loses the point of using a curb
    Blocks

Normal Member 90mk2golf will become famous soon enough 90mk2golf's Avatar
    Replaced both door handles.

+ Reply to Thread