monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 135 FirstFirst ... 5 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 45 75 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

woot new thermostat in the truckster no more gyrating temp gauge!

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    but did your cars do this with the OE setup?
    both of those combinations you list are great.
    ive run setups like brembo/mintex, ate/pagid, brembo/akebono and all of 'em are superior to OE but the brembo/akebono setup makes the least dust without compromising the pedal feel I prefer.
    well.. I was very happy with my wagon's stock brakes. The progression and modulation is very similar to what my new brakes do.. they just didn't take the heat on the track very well.

I ran OEM replacement type discs & pads on both of my mk2s for quite a while, before switching to red box pads on both, and then to metal master pads afterward. Not having kept my mk2's very clean I can't comment much on the dusting, but otherwise I'd say I got an improvement in both feel & performance as I moved through those pads from one to the next.

I've never had a VW with brakes that felt like they were all on or all off. My old Cougar on the other hand... those were horrible. They'd stop fast, but only if you pushed down quite a bit... then the brakes would go from doing almost nothing, to almost locking up.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Junior Member NChoy is on a distinguished road NChoy's Avatar
    I watched rain fall on my car most of the day. I was in the garage most of the day working on repairing an old center console for the '67 Amazon we're restoring.
    Nick Choy,
    Oregon Volvo Tuners Founder (http://www.ovtuners.org)
    '98 V70R, '95 960, '89 245DL, '71 142e, '67 122s

dare I ask what an Amazon is?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I might be wrong but I think it's a early volvo.

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar

oh those!
    yeah... cool cars

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I tried to get something done with my truck yesterday but the parts monkey wouldn't sell me a filter!
    I went in with the part number for the filter and he then does the Year Make Model thing......
    Its an '88 Chevy S-10 with a 2.8ltr.
    He tells me that the oil filter number isn't listed for my truck which I already knew.
    I have a filter relocation kit which brings the filter up onto the top inner fender and uses a large Ford filter.
    I asked to speak to the manager and he came out and asked the monkey what was going on and he said, "this guy wants to buy a filter that won't fit his truck."
    The manager then says, "yeah we can't sell you something that won't fit!"
    I told him I have a filter relocation kit and I could show him one in use but he said, "I have other stuff to do."
    I then told him, "you've just lost another customer to the internet where I can buy one without being hassled by idiots!"

All I wanted to do was change my oil!
    This was on the same day of the McDonalds Playspace issue....hehe Sheeesh!

Junior Member NChoy is on a distinguished road NChoy's Avatar
    Here's ours (this is an old pic... right now the car is in about a million pieces scattered throughout the house and garage)...

Nick Choy,
    Oregon Volvo Tuners Founder (http://www.ovtuners.org)
    '98 V70R, '95 960, '89 245DL, '71 142e, '67 122s

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    I tried to get something done with my truck yesterday but the parts monkey wouldn't sell me a filter!
    I went in with the part number for the filter and he then does the Year Make Model thing......
    Its an '88 Chevy S-10 with a 2.8ltr.
    He tells me that the oil filter number isn't listed for my truck which I already knew.
    I have a filter relocation kit which brings the filter up onto the top inner fender and uses a large Ford filter.
    I asked to speak to the manager and he came out and asked the monkey what was going on and he said, "this guy wants to buy a filter that won't fit his truck."
    The manager then says, "yeah we can't sell you something that won't fit!"
    I told him I have a filter relocation kit and I could show him one in use but he said, "I have other stuff to do."
    I then told him, "you've just lost another customer to the internet where I can buy one without being hassled by idiots!"

All I wanted to do was change my oil!
    This was on the same day of the McDonalds Playspace issue....hehe Sheeesh!
    lemme guess.. AutoZone?

having watched them work with customers a few times while waiting to deal with my rented caliper reset tool... they all immediately ask the customer what vehicle model/year they have, look it up in a computer, and go 100% off of their computer screen. I don't think those guys use their brains any more.. they just rely on what the computer system tells them.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by lurkertom View Post
    Pants. Jizzed. Etc..

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by lurkertom View Post
    I pulled my copy of eurotuner with this car in it out today. Just so I could drool over it again like the first time I saw the article.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    lemme guess.. AutoZone?
    It was actually Schucks or whatever they're called now.
    They're just trained to use the computer for everything so they don't have to know anything.

Reminds me of the time I went to a Schucks to get a K&N Universal Fuel Filter and I gave him the K&N part number.
    Then he started the Year Make Model crap and I was like are you serious? ITS UNIVERSAL!

Its actually a lot smaller than that picture.....haha

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Its actually a lot smaller than that picture.....haha
    suuuuuure

yeah.. parts stores.. the bane of car enthusiasts

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    replaced rear main seal

4 words, 20 hours of work
    -Tyler-

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    replaced rear main seal

All done?
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

placeholder doppelfaust will become famous soon enough doppelfaust's Avatar
    Took my P Slots off so I can start refinishing them so they're ready for my 195//45//14s. Put the 14" ATS Cups on, they look rather plain on my wagon, definitely need a more unique wheel. They'll hold me off until spring though. I'll probably refinish them or just pull the tires off and list them for sale.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
    All done?
    pretty much. The CEL is on and trans light is flashing though. Going to try and scan it for codes this afternoon, see if it was just because of low trans fluid
    -Tyler-

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Nice. That sort of job would have taken me about a month.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Quote: Originally Posted by doppelfaust View Post
    Put the 14" ATS Cups on
    Those are my favorite wheels!

Quote: Originally Posted by NChoy View Post
    Here's ours (this is an old pic... right now the car is in about a million pieces scattered throughout the house and garage)...

my wife owned a 544 when we got married. god I hated working on that particular car. otherwise, I dig these rides.
    she wants another 544, but I'm trying to talk her into a 122 like yours... we're deadlocked and will probably never own another.

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    replaced rear main seal

you didn't post pics!

tonight.. I replaced my rear wiper blade!
    it's been almost 23 months & 60,000 miles

the fronts need to be replaced too.. guess I'll do those in a day or two?

Normal Member matty is on a distinguished road matty's Avatar
    My FMIC just came. Hopefully putting it on today/tonight. About time!

+ Reply to Thread