Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 135 FirstFirst ... 7 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 47 77 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Changed the oil in my gf's car. Also inspected the rear brakes to see why the have been squeaking since it snowed. Found nothing wrong other than the contact points where dry. So I took everything apart and cleaned everything. Put everything back together and lubed the contact points. No more noise. Also vacuumed it and set the tire pressures.

Junior Member SAPPERSVDUB is on a distinguished road
    This was the other day. Did an oil change and decided to finally put on the new valve cover and DV valve. Its much nicer in person. The pix dont do it justice IMO.

a shiny new LEM special plate is on my car now.. should be a lot easier to keep clean since it's flat, and I think it looks better
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar
    Working on these PZwos (18x8,5 et 22) for the TT - Chips filled. Coat of primer. 1st sanding done. 4th wheel is at Skip's getting straightened.

installed weathertech side window deflectors, cleaned out and greased the sunroof on the white whale

Quote: Originally Posted by lurkertom View Post
    Working on these PZwos (18x8,5 et 22) for the TT - Chips filled. Coat of primer. 1st sanding done. 4th wheel is at Skip's
    gonna look good..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

my friend tom had those on a really nicely modded MK4 VR6 GTI.
    always liked these. his were 17s which I guess are uncommon.

tonight, I shall begin rebuilding my dashboard

it's not clear what was done. Was there no compartment there before?

yes the '95 has a very large old school dual airbag where the glovebox was. this is an OE setup.

here's the before shot I had to switch to black as my color [saffron] was not offered in '91 which is the only year with the updated dash with the lateral wood strip.

ahh nice! I like the black... but I think it makes the console color look a bit weirder now

made my car dirtier yesterday than it's been in probably a year. And now it has snow on it...

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    ahh nice! I like the black... but I think it makes the console color look a bit weirder now
    yeah i think i want to find a nice black console and put it in and see how it looks.
    i would like to keep the brown but reduce the quantity of it in the car, kinda like how some modern cars do it:

I can find black interior pieces very easily and cheaply for this car.
    if I play it right, I could even set the stage for my real desire... red

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    i would like to keep the brown but reduce the quantity of it in the car, kinda like how some modern cars do it:
    agreed

the suck part on this car is that the headliner is not the white/grey mercedes insisted on putting a dirty beige-white in cars with brown interiors.

changed the oil and filter. changed the air filter. tore apart the fresh air box and drainage plastics and replaced what appears to be a 220,000 mile cabin filter. gross.

I finally cleared the CEL. It was a secondary air fault. Chad (The Werkstatt) helped me chase down the problem hose.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    changed the oil and filter. changed the air filter. tore apart the fresh air box and drainage plastics and replaced what appears to be a 220,000 mile cabin filter. gross.
    yikes. My cabin filter had gone for 40k and it looked horrible...

OE? yum.

btw this thing is a biiiiiitch to get at

y'all know I've found this in the car, right? 2 different spots inside the dash.

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Oh, SOB! That isn't good. Hopefully they won't return now.

All I've done is walked past my cars this week. Haven't driven since Monday...I'm starting to get an itch.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

i think this shit has been in there for a loooooooooooooong time and there's no way a mouse would ever survive in my car.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    removed the OE coathanger antenna from the GTD and put in an aftermarket black antenna.. Its about 4' long!! Doh!! I wish I could find another OE antenna in black

Tested my compression tester on the Vanagon TDI to make sure the 275psi reading from the Scirocco wasnt a gauge fault. turns out the comp tester is fine

Oh and extra bonus, the Vanagon TDI would not even start so I didnt get a hot test FML

so this weekend...
    the final list of parts swapped on the Audi wagon (30v v6)
    timing belt, pulleys, and tensioners
    water pump
    thermostat + o-ring
    front main crank seal
    camshaft seals (4x)
    camshaft plugs (2x)
    cam tensioner seals (2x)
    valve cover gaskets (2x)
    serpentine belt and tensioner
    radiator (preventative maint, it looked ok, but gut told me change it)
    thermofan switch
    removed oil pan, cleaned, and reinstalled with sealant on gasket-(was leaking horribly)

I think I solved the oil leak. After all the other crap, I decided to pull the pan while I had the oil drained for the crank pulley. No sealant, and I'm not sure it was supposed to have it, but a light coating from my trusty tube of Dirko and no more leaks under the car (so far) I still have a few hours of work + cleanup of the shop to do tomorrow. I would have been done tonight if I hadn't gotten the wrong crank seal from Autosport today. 2 trips there ate up a lot of time..
    Here's a pic from tonight of the valve covers installed...

I didn't take any progress pics, but this is one of reassembly.

and VC's installed from the top.

+ Reply to Thread