Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 135 FirstFirst ... 9 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 49 79 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

if it comes down to it we'll quarter up the car and put it in a pickup truck and haul it away when this is done

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    installed the braille battery in the Rabbit.

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar
    It is good to have a paint booth available for those jobs you know will stink up the house for a week -

2nd coat on the faces is done...I'll do the insides today and the clearcoat will go on tomorrow night

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    I had some VAG fun tonight, myself.

ripped the front clip off a friends car.

found this in the coolant lines coming out of the block. I wouldn't recommend putting any coolant other than G12 in a VW/Audi unless you completely flush the G12 out first. Apparently it makes a nasty gel that hardens when it gets hot.

next we dove in further to find out why the middle two cylinders weren't firing...

we found burnt carbon, and a nice little channel melted through the wall between #2 & #3 on the cylinder head.

the closeup

luckily, the block was untouched. now we need to find a used head in good shape.

I learned a lot about these cars tonight. Quite the learning experience.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    -Tyler-

begins as a crack until it finally burns through - very common with VAG 1.8 heads unfortunately

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I was thinking of spending some time on my truck today..... we'll see how that goes.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    exactly.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

my GTI has been sitting, untouched, since September or October 2009. The battery was dead, and the battery clamps were shot and needed to be replaced, but after getting those issues taken care of the car started right up. It's not running very clean right now.. either too rich or just a lot of junk in the system that needs to be cleaned out, and the engine is ticking very loudly. I'll give it an oil change tomorrow, and see what else can be done to get it to run a little better. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the road again, even if just for a short time
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

front bumper is on the car so it can be safely driven... woohoo!
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Drove the 914 for the first time in 3 weeks! Still awaiting the garage to finish getting cleaned out so I can get the car in to get a couple of things fixed.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Nothing exciting checked the fluids, washed the windows and dusted the interior.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    fixed the odometer (it broke on Joel's birthday drive), put all the plastics back on the engine, modded my fogs so they can be on when the highbeams are, washed it. Then spent many hours in the garage cleaning, straightening, and putting things away to make more room for beer stuff.
    -Tyler-

Normal Member Kaie is on a distinguished road Kaie's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Drove the 914 for the first time in 3 weeks! Still awaiting the garage to finish getting cleaned out so I can get the car in to get a couple of things fixed.
    How much do you love your 914?
    Where the **** is my ignition spray? - Ricky

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    modded my fogs so they can be on when the highbeams are

today I spent an hour or two detailing my car's interior and wiping down some of the exterior. I think it's been half a year since the car's interior has been properly cleaned

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Kaie View Post
    How much do you love your 914?
    I love it.....just wish it had more power. Been kinda spoiled w/ the grunt of the Mustang. Probably do a motor swap of some sort in the future.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    finished hooking the water meth up tonight. And started fine tuning it. Got some more to do tomorrow...

I rebuilt the head and put it on about 2 weeks ago, somehow I managed to ruin my ECU, my ICM, my coil, and my Hall Sender. Just got around to replacing all of them yesturday. She started right up. Put my old wheels back on and called it a day.

looks pretty good..

Normal Member Kaie is on a distinguished road Kaie's Avatar
    I love it.....just wish it had more power. Been kinda spoiled w/ the grunt of the Mustang. Probably do a motor swap of some sort in the future.
    what fits in there?
    Where the **** is my ignition spray? - Ricky

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    looks pretty good..
    Thanks man.

Post up some pics of that thing. I love me some 914!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Pulled the head on the rocco yesterday. Found nothing of significance..

parked both of my cars in the garage.. 2.5 years after moving here. My roommate officially moved out today so his stuff (at least half of which was taken to the dump) is finally out. Too bad I move next weekend

+ Reply to Thread