Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 24 54 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

Hot wired the little Jetta to move it. When it's going to get fixed, is anyone's guess. The Service van full of VW parts needs to be emptied and taken back to the shop. We then need to rearrange all of our VWs to fit into the drive way, and possibly make room for more. The list is endless....

made an appointment at hartmann to have my rear suspension cells replaced and an inspection so I don't get blindsided on the way to leavenworth

i have no clue what your talking about benenya is an unknown quantity at this point benenya's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    made an appointment at hartmann to have my rear suspension cells replaced and an inspection so I don't get blindsided on the way to leavenworth
    ~ADAM~

Quote: Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    And I am about to blow it all and go to Dicks for lunch.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Pulled the grill spoiler and started sanding all the crappy cracked paint off it. Dropping it off at fine tuning later so they can replace my final drive seals tomorrow.

i have no clue what your talking about benenya is an unknown quantity at this point benenya's Avatar
    im trying to de-lazy myself and lower the front of my car but the mondays are hitting me in a bad way!!
    ~ADAM~

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Just got done sanding all the paint of the grill spoiler and preping it for primer. And called fine tuning and car should be ready to pick up soon.

looked at a C36

PNW Most Hated bucknasty! is an unknown quantity at this point bucknasty!'s Avatar
    Put in new motor mounts that lifted my engine 1"

Called about getting my pan reinforced. Between $30-60
    ABCDubs:. Cult Status

Quote: Originally Posted by bucknasty! View Post
    Put in new motor mounts that lifted my engine 1"

Called about getting my pan reinforced. Between $30-60
    possibly thinking about a fog light diy gotta see how it works out on a buddies car..
    ~ADAM~

Quote: Originally Posted by benenya View Post
    that's not a bad thing... this is a good thing. the wagon has a mechanical hydraulic self leveling suspension design.
    when the nitrogen cells go bad, they don't regulate the pressure and create an overpressure situation in the system, eventually pushing the oil out of whatever seal is the weakest.
    that seal happens to be [thank god] the one between the pump body and the head [it's driven off the end of the exhaust cam]

when they're replaced, the car should ride smoother and hopefully wont leak as much of the special oil that costs $6/quart at a discount

also, hopefully, no more sag after parking for a bit.

dropped it off this AM.

that's not a bad thing... this is a good thing. the wagon has a mechanical hydraulic self leveling suspension design.
    when the nitrogen cells go bad, they don't regulate the pressure and create an overpressure situation in the system, eventually pushing the oil out of whatever seal is the weakest.
    that seal happens to be [thank god] the one between the pump body and the head [it's driven off the end of the exhaust cam]

when they're replaced, the car should ride smoother and hopefully wont leak as much of the special oil that costs $6/quart at a discount

also, hopefully, no more sag after parking for a bit.

dropped it off this AM.
    then i retract my sad face with this one
    ~ADAM~

i hope to wash it this week and clay bar
    well with vortex crash comes a new name formerly vw2002gti
    some also may know me as "this thread approved" guy

took it for a drive this morning and just finished primering the grill spoiler.

PNW Most Hated bucknasty! is an unknown quantity at this point bucknasty!'s Avatar
    Coolant temp sensor
    ABCDubs:. Cult Status

Normal Member Breadfan83 is on a distinguished road Breadfan83's Avatar
    Missed it.

Drove the Audi again, since I have no money to pay for the repairs on the car again this month... instead of getting the car fixed I now bought to more engines, to put with the other four and a half or so I already have, and bought an exactly the same interior as I already have, but from a Rado, instead of a mk2 Golf.

and why are you making the decision[s] to do this instead of repairing your car?

Normal Member Breadfan83 is on a distinguished road Breadfan83's Avatar
    and why are you making the decision[s] to do this instead of repairing your car?
    Dunno.... guess I just want all this stuff, and know the car will still be there next month anyways.
    Partswhores, what can ya do.
    The interior was a once in a lifetime offer really, and the engines... found them after looking for them for almost a year now, so couldn't let them go I guess.

Think I have it all now though... unless I find a nice set of Radinox outer lips for the RS's.

Also, expected to get the tax-return in this month as well, and pay for shit with that. N money yet though.

put my car on the lift today and pulled the bracket for my bellypan off so it wont scrape the road anymore.
    ~ADAM~

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    in hopes that the passenger window regulator was the cause of it being very difficult to move either direction, I pulled out the window regulator and cleaned/oiled it. Alas, it was not the cause. Old window seals and scrapers are the culprit now, and those are spendy
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    in hopes that the passenger window regulator was the cause of it being very difficult to move either direction, I pulled out the window regulator and cleaned/oiled it. Alas, it was not the cause. Old window seals and scrapers are the culprit now, and those are spendy

where are you locatted? im not advetising cause i dont make money on it, but i may be able to help you on the price. if im breakin a rule delete this. trying to help a buddy out.
    ~ADAM~

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I'm in Vancouver (the *real* one, not that silly one in BC )
    -Tyler-

I'm in Vancouver (the *real* one, not that silly one in BC )
    i can check tomorrow for ya. i can ship too
    ~ADAM~

(⌐■_■)
    part numbers 171837433A and 171837439D

thanks
    -Tyler-

part numbers 171837433A and 171837439D

thanks
    no problem. what were you quoted??
    ~ADAM~

(⌐■_■)
    haven't looked except online, BusDepot has 439D at $55/ea and 433A at 30/ea (but they offer a non-OEM one for $30/pair too).
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread