Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 135 FirstFirst ... 6 36 46 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 76 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3375

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

I finally replaced both burnt out fans on the Subie. No more overheating. Next up is a preventative maintenance head gasket job.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

"finally"?
    you've only had the car for a couple of weeks
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

That's a lot of hours driving (6 per day) without having fans.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Junior Member quattro Addict is on a distinguished road
    Changed the oil with 3.5 litres of fresh Mobil1 synthetic.

Put some leather treatment on the seats. Except now the front passenger seat doesn't look nearly as good as the driver's seat. I'm not even sure they are the same.

Might start my headliner project this week.

I'm trying to learn more on how to get the car looking better on the outside beyond just washing it. So I'm thinking about ordering this...
    http://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-...0281441&sr=1-1

good kit to start with.. though I'd go with paint sealant instead of the wax unless you're showing the car. Sealant will look nearly as good, goes on more easily, and lasts a ton longer.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

autocrossed my car today.. first time since 2009. It took me all day to start to warm up to the track, but I got faster with nearly every run, and ended up 7th out of 18 in the 'novice' class. This is toward the end of their season, so many of the 'novices' have several recent autocrosses under their belt and are running much faster cars. I'm satisfied

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    good kit to start with.. though I'd go with paint sealant instead of the wax unless you're showing the car. Sealant will look nearly as good, goes on more easily, and lasts a ton longer.
    Which paint sealant? The one-step or just the plain 'ol sealant?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    Changed out the fuel separator/filter, checked the screen on the line into the carb, and added seafoam to the tank in my boat. Still cutting out after a couple laps around the lake. Going to try and find a new coil today and see if that helps. If not I'll be looking for someone to rebuild the Holley carb.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzydub View Post
    Changed out the fuel separator/filter, checked the screen on the line into the carb, and added seafoam to the tank in my boat. Still cutting out after a couple laps around the lake. Going to try and find a new coil today and see if that helps. If not I'll be looking for someone to rebuild the Holley carb.
    Check out http://www.redlineweber.com. Carb mechanics are getting more and more rare and seem to charge more and more these days. It's almost cheaper to buy a new one and pay to have it performance tuned.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Which paint sealant? The one-step or just the plain 'ol sealant?
    regular sealant
    the one-step is really cool, but it's really only useful if you want a quick polish & seal in one step.. so, on a car that you really don't care about as much.
    Last edited by joel; 2011.07.10 at 18:13 PM.

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    Seems the new coil fixed the problem. Maybe I can actually get my board in the water. Next on the list is to try and replace the sun gear shell in my Yukon.

Jeremy.. you should post up pics of your boat

It's a 1989 21ft Supra Bravura.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Next up is a preventative maintenance head gasket job.
    Torquing the head bolts on a EJ22 is one of the weirdest i've come across!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzydub View Post
    It's a 1989 21ft Supra Bravura.
    it has a roll bar!

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Do tell. I don't know anything about that yet. BTW, when am I coming up there to take that motor off your hands?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    it has a roll bar!
    I'm all about safety.

Junior Member Acaba is on a distinguished road
    Been lurking since Joel reminded me about the site at Griots a month or two ago... finally made some changes worth posting about

spent a good amount of fri & sat with the alignment guy, getting things right and curing rubbing issues

Front=
    20mm Spacers
    LF=-2.1 degrees RF=-2.4 degrees
    fenders mildly rolled DIY style
    tabs over liner and bent back

Rear=
    30mm spacers
    LR=-4.3 degrees RR=-4.5 degrees
    Fender liners trimmed
    rear quarter panel bracket "massaged" back
    clipped and shaved bumper mounting tab.

Lookin good.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    ^this!
    -Tyler-

Normal Member blue62 will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    If it's the same as the 2.5 then isn't it something like torque to one spec, back off 45 degrees, retorque. or something odd like that? Only done 2 hg jobs on 2.5's so far and I thought they were strange

Junior Member Acaba is on a distinguished road
    thanks guys... it was a bit nerve racking, but thankfully i had a lot of practice on my Jetta lol... so i didn't break anything of eff up my paint thank god

Quote: Originally Posted by Acaba View Post
    thanks guys... it was a bit nerve racking, but thankfully i had a lot of practice on my Jetta lol... so i didn't break anything of eff up my paint thank god
    wow.. looks good man. No more rubbing now?

Junior Member quattro Addict is on a distinguished road
    Worked unsuccessfully on removing my headliner. But I was able to break my rear view mirror off and take some glass along with it.

Quote: Originally Posted by quattro Addict View Post
    Worked unsuccessfully on removing my headliner. But I was able to break my rear view mirror off and take some glass along with it.
    wow....

+ Reply to Thread