Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 135 FirstFirst ... 7 37 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 77 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3375

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

Normal Member blue62 will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by quattro Addict View Post
    Worked unsuccessfully on removing my headliner. But I was able to break my rear view mirror off and take some glass along with it.
    Gotta love them mirrors. I cracked the windshield of a car at the shop because someone installed some cheap aftermarket mirror improperly. The ball/socket joint at the mirror base ended up being loose and flopping around so they asked us to replace it with another one. Long story short, there was a 2" crack going off either direction from the base of the mirror and the mirror still wouldn't come off, resulting in me having to buy them a windshield

Junior Member Acaba is on a distinguished road
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    wow.. looks good man. No more rubbing now?
    thanks, only mildly on hard cornering on the drivers side ... just needs about a half degree more neg camber in the left front i think to match the right. i couldn't get it to where I wanted it without the spacers in...and i couldn't run the spacers without camber. so i gotta go back

might need a little better roll too, i only rolled the top of the fender

sounds good. My 17" tires rub slightly on the fender liners on hard cornering and hard bumps, but that's mostly due to the tires being so square... and my car isn't as low
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
    Gotta love them mirrors. I cracked the windshield of a car at the shop because someone installed some cheap aftermarket mirror improperly. The ball/socket joint at the mirror base ended up being loose and flopping around so they asked us to replace it with another one. Long story short, there was a 2" crack going off either direction from the base of the mirror and the mirror still wouldn't come off, resulting in me having to buy them a windshield
    DOH!

Quote: Originally Posted by Acaba View Post
    thanks, only mildly on hard cornering on the drivers side ... just needs about a half degree more neg camber in the left front i think to match the right. i couldn't get it to where I wanted it without the spacers in...and i couldn't run the spacers without camber. so i gotta go back

might need a little better roll too, i only rolled the top of the fender
    Rule of thumb, the PS needs to be about .5 of extra camber with respect to the DS. Otherwise it will pull. Gotta count for the crown in the road.

Junior Member Acaba is on a distinguished road
    hmm cool didn't know that... guess i'll just have him add a half deg to both sides. thanks!

I'll prob keep these tires square Joel, i prob won't do the stretched thing, or just not to the extreme. I'm just tired of that scene and people being so competitive of who is the "hardest". and i'm just kinda tired of the look.... it still handles awesome at this height so i don't want to loose all the fun.

well.. when I say square I mean that quite literally. They're 225/45's on 17x7.5 wheels. My 18's are "stretched".. barely.. with 225/40's on 18x8's
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    woohoo! Finally got the trim piece for the rain tray in for B3 (from Canadia, apparently their postal service went on strike, took a couple weeks to get through that then customs) so I can have 2 wipers instead of the ghetto mono! Going to get the Lubro-Moly and Bosch filter to do the LOF now.

89 Cabrio heater core about to be changed in my garage. Next level.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    AC or no AC?

I put a new hatch seal on the GTD today.

No a/c.

Lucky!

Eh. I would rather be working on one of my cars.

well, after you spend 15 minutes doing that heater core, you can!

Haha. True. Way less complicated than I thought. I'm almost done.

a 15 minute heater core job?

Haha. It wasn't quite 15 minutes. It took me a couple hours, but I was being really meticulous because it wasn't my car. It was however, 1000 times easier than doing it in a mk3.

Normal Member blue62 will become famous soon enough
    When the core in my truck went out, I think it took me LITERALLY about 45 min to do it and that includes cutting new hoses for it and burping the cooling system After that, it makes me hate heater core jobs at work even more lol

If you do enough of them it is two coolant hoses and 4 screws. Unless you have an L model, then its 4 more screws to take the kneebar off. If its Murrican then its a little more involved... probably takes about 25 minutes..

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    emissions testing and new tabs
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Only did the rears because they are currently off the car and really easy to access, but the new:

and the old:

Eventually I will do the fronts as well.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    moved the Scirocco to the side of the driveway, washed the Volvo
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Only did the rears because they are currently off the car and really easy to access
    you must have one of those rare older civics with rear discs

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    you must have one of those rare older civics with rear discs
    I sure will once these are all finished up (I have taken them apart several times and still haven't replaced the pads). In 1999, only the EX and SI got rear discs, but thankfully pretty much every part is swappable between trim levels, and even models for a lot of stuff. I could just as easily swap the five-lug from the Integra Type R on there. God bless the easy parts interchangeability with Honda.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

(⌐■_■)
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Are those ATS Cups?

I haven't done a damn thing to any of my vehicles in well over a week other than drive them, put gas in them and do my multi-point check up while waiting.

+ Reply to Thread