Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 135 FirstFirst ... 13 43 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 73 83 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3375

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    So, just the clarify. He can get vintage WA plates, at a decent cost? Ebay wants a damn fortune for these usually.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Yes. I think I paid $40 for a 67 plate. I feel thats not too bad for a restored plate. He sent me both, but I didnt need the front one

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    sweet, thanks!

that's pretty awesome..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    Swapped out the ignition and the door locks on the mk3. Got the title transferred, new plates, and tabs for it as well. Didn't need to emission test it to transfer which was odd. Even the lady thought it was weird. Still need to figure out why the wipers don't work. and tune it up. Runs kinda chitty under WOT.

well.. started hearing noise from my right-rear wheel bearing yesterday. It sounds exactly the same as when my front-right went out earlier this year. I should be able to have it taken care of next week at FT..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Oil changed, door locks and handles greased and fresh aligned, new 02 sensor. Now off to the Husky game.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    New cts(coolant tempature sensor). Car is running running great now.

Just finished the gf's car. It got a oil change, tire pressure and fluid check. Plus I cleaned the windows. Now I am done with cars for the weekend.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I was hoping to spend a bunch of time on my truck this weekend but the bathroom fiasco spiraled out of control!

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    Pulled the headliner, sunroof, core support, grille, and radiator from the parts car and got the radiator and core support swapped in to my car today.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzydub View Post
    Pulled the headliner, sunroof, core support, grille, and radiator from the parts car and got the radiator and core support swapped in to my car today.
    talking mk3 or mk4?

mk3. Hope to have it on the road soon.

Normal Member blue62 will become famous soon enough
    Went and picked up what I was TOLD was a mk1 1.8 but turned out to be a 1.7 though it is the EN code block so still decent parts for the motor in the truck but got a free mk1 gti front air damn with it that only has one broken mounting tab and is the same color as the truck... Now I can't decide if I want to run the air dam or keep the duckbill lol

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Stick the air dam on with double-sided tape and see if you like how it looks. If you don't like it, you can always sell it and not have any odd holes anywhere.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Normal Member blue62 will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Stick the air dam on with double-sided tape and see if you like how it looks. If you don't like it, you can always sell it and not have any odd holes anywhere.
    Yeah true, only problem is taking the duckbill off then putting it back on would be a pain since I have it held on by a ton of sheetmetal screws, rtv silicone and lockwashers and I'd have to take it off to fit the airdam up (the duckbill sticks out too far to get it to sit flush)

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Just have Chuck Norris look at the screws. They'll pop off just like that.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

placeholder doppelfaust will become famous soon enough doppelfaust's Avatar
    I put my wheels back on with the freshly mounted tires and drove it to work.

had the LR tire repaired on the E30

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I used the bed of my truck as a giant work bench so I could cut a bunch of wood and ABS pipe. . . . Weeeee!

dropped it off at Fine Tuning this morning for the tech inspection required by the Oregon PCA before I can drive ORP on Saturday.. and to replace a wheel bearing. Sadly, it won't be done until tomorrow morning.. and I successfully left all of my keys at the shop.. so I had to borrow a key to get into my apartment this evening, which will apparently cost me $25

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Doh! Sorry man. There just wasnt enough time left in the day to get it done. The other bearing sucked so bad that I didnt want to push it otherwise, we both might still be there right now.

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar
    Spent the last few hot days in the garage busy with detailing the cars. Donna's Passat wagon hadn't been polished and waxed in (I'm embarassed to admit) several years. Fortunately the paint was still in good shape...a testament to semi-regular washing. After a few passes with #3 & #4 Griot's polish and two coats of Paint Sealant the car looks nearly new. I even polished the glass to get the water spots off. Let me remind you there is a fair amount of real estate on a station wagon. That took two full days.

The TT is nearly ready for the Pacific Waterland show this Sunday down at the dragstrip in Woodburn, Oregon. After the car show in Tacoma and the road trip last month it didn't look too bad. I had pulled the wheels off and cleaned up the wheel wells. They got vacuumed and wiped down with a coat of undercarriage spray. The wheels got a coat of spray on wax and the tires some tire dressing. A little spot polishing on the nose and another coat of Best of Show Wax and I am done. Don't mess with me...I'm in the ****in' zone.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Doh! Sorry man. There just wasnt enough time left in the day to get it done. The other bearing sucked so bad that I didnt want to push it otherwise, we both might still be there right now.
    it's cool... didn't affect anything much on my end

Started working on the Jetta. Got the seats out and decided it's just too damn hot to continue working on it. Plus the Dawgs are on soon so it looks like a College football Saturday for me.

+ Reply to Thread