Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 28 58 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your vehicle today?

We will figure it out, Anthony. Sorry I havent been available this week. I assure you though, I want to know as well.

I put a little more effort into the face of this one. This is after 220 grit. This rim has the worst of the curb damage on it. It cleaned up pretty good. I'm convinced that I'm going to work with the blue paint to gain some patina and the blue is subtle and will work with the car.

Spun oil pump with drill and looked for leaks, none detected. Oil is getting to the head and out at cam caps 1 through 4 couldn't tell about number 5 though. I was not able to see if the gauge said anything in the way of pressure though so I'm still not sure about it. Haven't pulled the head yet since it's looking to be less of the problem though I may still have to to clean the gasket surfaces on the back from the gaskets sticking too the paint.

I also got some fittings to T the oil pressure sender in with the oil pressure switch and have my dynamic warning system back to functioning correctly. Is it ok to use Teflon tape to seal the threads on the Oil Pressure switches or will this mess with their ability to flow current? Got some anti-seize and a drill bit that says it's good for hardened steel, I'll see how well it does on an ez-out tomorrow, though I don't really expect a whole lot.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    the teflon could cause a grounding problem for the pressure switch. They have tapered threads though, so if torqued properly it should not leak.
    -Tyler-

Normal Member Breadfan83 is on a distinguished road Breadfan83's Avatar
    Installed Corrado Recaros in the mk2... hate to say, but the mk2 Recaros feel waaaaay better than the Corrado ones.

Still gotta see how to solve this. The sides on the mk2 seats are way thicker, but one of the sides has a hole in it, and the driversside seat has a broken frame, so it'll need some welding. The Corrado seats are in mint condition, but have thin sides...

ran new wires to the alternator and upgraded the battery cables to 4g. Made sure everything was nice and tight. Still runs a little funny.. Guess I'll clean all the contacts next.

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Adjusted the shift linkage in the 914 and gave it a quick wipe down in preparation for the classic car show down at boulevard park in bellingham tomorrow. Should be good times.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '96 GTi

Put new nice NGK plugs in. Still runs a little funny... Contact cleaner next I suppose.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I washed 3 of my vehicles in the rain on Saturday with 1 hand because I fricked it up.

So my S-10, 4k and my Vanagon are clean and happy on the outside.

drove about 350 miles today.. my car is dirty
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Normal Member Breadfan83 is on a distinguished road Breadfan83's Avatar
    Taken apart one set of Recaro's, taking apart the other set tomorrow.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Think i figured out why my gf's stock alarm freaked on her golf yesterday. Bad door switch.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Finished tweaking a mkiii license plate holder to mount my front plate the way I wanted too. Drove by 5 cop's on the way to and from Lowe's and they didn't seem to have a proplem with it.(Knocks on wood) Bought and installed some black nylon hole plugs to put in the holes in my bumper from moving the plate. Gave the interior a quick dusting and vacuuming.

got a line on a set of wheels to trade so I have proper offset for the front... ANNNNNNNNNNNNND went to the dmv and got SP tabs on these plates. I am so stoked.

found out the push to connect "t" fittings i ordered were slowly leaking and my compressor has been running when it shouldnt have.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Again, I didn't do anything to my vehicles but I did page thru the shop manual for my S-10.... hehe

Hey does anyone remember The Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh guy in Oregon from the early 80'2 that had a ton of Mercedes cars?
    Wonder where all of those cars are now a days?

Yeah he had alot of RR's also!

oil change & car wash!
    starting a 1300 mile drive tomorrow...
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

refinished all the wheels in "gun metal grey metallic." not TOO different, but has a bluishness against the burgundy. Not sure how I feel about them yet...

Ordered dipstick seal and washer. Will start on head gasket soon, but I've been saying that to myself for the past week or so.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Got my silicone elbows for the Scirocco GTD. Shit is going to fit very nicely. Still waiting to get more of the Frybrid tubing. Clean is the name of the game here.

Normal Member machetephil will become famous soon enough
    got my parts from GAP and replace the shift linkage ball joint so I have 5 gears again

cleaned out the garage. dusted off the TE. parked the 190 on the street with the left side park light on and had [no joke] three people ring my doorbell to tell me my lights were on.

Pulled the cylinder head to do the head gasket. The one on there seems to have sealed correctly so I didn't need to do this, but the intake valves kissed every piston. There's a slight indentation on the piston from this, but it doesn't look too bad. I'll try for some pics tomorrow. I also got my old manifolds out and welded up a cap for the turbo drain fitting on the oil pan. N/A here I come, at least it'll be drivable I hope.

+ Reply to Thread