Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Shop/Garage/Man Cave Thread

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    trimmed the bottom of the garage's side door, so it actually closes fully now! Need to fix the striker so it will latch on it's own, but hey, progress!
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    so nice to have a door that properly closes on the garage
    -Tyler-

Any updates/recent pics of the garage?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

(⌐■_■)
    no it's a complete wreck right now, with the toyota torn apart and a couple other projects in-progress, so no pics till later
    -Tyler-

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    no it's a complete wreck right now, with the toyota torn apart and a couple other projects in-progress, so no pics till later
    That's how it starts. I've been in my house for almost 4 years now and never had a Housewarming Party. At this point, it's never happening.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    The trimmer we had plugged into on of the million receptacles in the garage wouldn't work so I put my plug tester to it (meter was at work)....dead, tested the rest of the quad, and all are hot/nut reversed... Swapped it but makes me scared or everything that's been done in the house.... I wish I had time to rewire this place maybe in a few years.

(⌐■_■)
    spent most of the afternoon cleaning out the garage, still not clean enough (IMO) to take more pics of though, maybe tomorrow...
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Ok, got OSB and insulation up, and two coats of paint on

and had some leftover paint in the tray, so I slapped a coat on this part

the OSB sheeting was up on this chunk a while ago, I just never got around to painting it.
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Nice essential oils still
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

OSB?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    House closes today, bye bye man cave, hello apartment garage.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

(⌐■_■)
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    OSB?
    Oriented Strand Board, like plywood, but made of wood chips

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriented_strand_board
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by benny_mech View Post
    House closes today, bye bye man cave, hello apartment garage.
    Which is better?

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    I could barely squeeze my truck in the apartment garage when it was empty. Now it's jammed with everything that was in my house garage, which was an extra wide, deep, and tall 2 car garage. House garage was wired for 240V for the welder, powdercoat oven, and air compressor. It was plumbed with compressed air outlets throughout and had a refrigerated SMC air dryer, and 60 gallon tank. I installed all the old kitchen cabinets in the garage as well for storage. Big LED lights lit up the whole deal, and there was extra storage up in the trusses of the roof for tires and such.

Everything changes. After 12 years it was time to say goodbye to that place, and now I'm on the hunt for the next place.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

I want something like your old garage

(⌐■_■)
    East wall is now entirely sheeted, and it has insulation up to the right edge of the window. Only have enough insulation left for 2 more stud bays, and doing the next section needs enough for 3.
    -Tyler-

That makes such a huge difference

(⌐■_■)
    the ceiling is going to be a PITA, but I can't wait to get more of that sheeted and painted. Will kinda suck to lose the height up above the beams, but the light and being enclosed will make me happy
    -Tyler-

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Gf got me this for free off of some Facebook page called buynothingEdmonds. Mounts anywhere it can clamp on to and it got tons of adjustability.

Nice. I'm on the Buy Nothing group in my area, but it's mostly woman giving away things they usually care about

(⌐■_■)
    guess I forgot to post it in here, couple months back I made some cabinet carcasses

today I started building drawers for them
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    very surprising how much plywood a set of drawers takes to build, went through almost a full sheet with just those 3 drawers
    -Tyler-

Normal Member KlokWerk is on a distinguished road
    That's some good work right there. Did something similar in our pantry. Also was surprised how much material goes into making drawers.

(⌐■_■)
    I got to thinking too, why do I need 10" deep drawers? They're just going to be holding large objects... So, I'm going to make the rest of them just 4" deep, then have the drawer front full-size, not only will it save material, it'll also be easier to get stuff in and out of the drawers
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread