Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Shop/Garage/Man Cave Thread

Max Jax has a pretty good rep on garagejournal.. I'd consider one of those for my garage since I also have ~8.5' ceilings and don't want to permanently take up garage space with a lift.

Of course... I'd rather build a shop and use a full size lift
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    One of these days I'll get the engine replaced in the damn Toyota and I can spend some time building cabinets for the garage
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    ^ What's holding you up? I assume time... you're a busy dude.

Took me about nine months to get the engine in the Caddy swapped. Lack of knowledge, tools, and time... all project killers.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Time and tools. Need an engine hoist and a ridge reamer. Have pretty much everything else I can think of needing.
    -Tyler-

Normal Member KlokWerk is on a distinguished road
    I have an engine hoist taking up space in Spokane. Free to borrow any time.

(⌐■_■)
    yeah, the in-laws have one I can borrow too (pneumatic, even), which brings me back to the time problem...
    -Tyler-

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Added more lights last weekend, Costco had led shop lights on sale for $25. Very happy with the results!

Before

After

Geezz, that's a nice improvement. I really need to do this. Are you buying shop lights that just plug in?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Geezz, that's a nice improvement. I really need to do this. Are you buying shop lights that just plug in?
    Yep, hang them up and plug them in, they have pull chains to turn them on/off. I have two of the same brand without the pull chains plugged into the light socket attached to the light switch also.

I don't have many plugins in my garage. I'm not sure how I'd get lights hooked up easily without having some basic electrician work done

I lucked out and there is a ton of plug ins in my garage, including ones mounted to the rafters.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I don't have many plugins in my garage. I'm not sure how I'd get lights hooked up easily without having some basic electrician work done

I went with heavy duty extension cords and a beefy central plugin location. It's been fine for 8+ years.

Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    I went with heavy duty extension cords and a beefy central plugin location. It's been fine for 8+ years.
    Nice.
    There are only three plugs in my garage.. one by the garage door and water heater, one in the middle of one other wall, and one in the ceiling, with one plug used by the garage door opener. Power strips and extensions have been my friend...

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Ha, if we were planning on continuing to live in this place I would get it wired up and put on a switch though, just to be safer. The solution was never meant to be permanent, it just filled my needs nicely.

(⌐■_■)
    Wonder if those lights are still on sale at Costco, I could use a couple more
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    Wonder if those lights are still on sale at Costco, I could use a couple more
    They were last night, when I was there. I picked this up for $10 last night.

Still three sections left over.

(⌐■_■)
    good to know, I think Jen and I will be doing some shopping tomorrow, we'll have to hit up costco
    -Tyler-

I could use them too, but I doubt I'd be able to make use of them any time soon. My garage is a mess.. full of stuff from the house and full of things that need to go on shelves that don't exist

Normal Member VWsEatRice is on a distinguished road VWsEatRice's Avatar
    they're on sale at harbor freight also for 9.99.....looks like you only get half of the amount you get from costco though http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece...5.html#reviews
    Last edited by VWsEatRice; 2016.02.20 at 15:37 PM.

Regular Member V8-190e is on a distinguished road V8-190e's Avatar

Husky garage cabinets

I bought 6 wall cabinets, 2 base cabinets and a rolling tool cart recently when they were are on clear-out at Home Depot. Not really the best quality and took about an hour per cabinet to assemble!

Anyway, this is kind of a before picture as there is a ton of crap on top of the countertop and tool cart still. I am actually doing pretty well considering that is the last of the stuff to sort through. I have emptied all 12 of the large plastic bins of tools and garage stuff from our recent move that were piled up in the garage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage cabinets.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	484

Once I have it all cleaned up and the proper countertop on I will post a better pic.

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Now that's just sexy.

(I'm curious... why the 2 clocks, I can't figure out what time zones those would be with the difference between them...)

Regular Member V8-190e is on a distinguished road V8-190e's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    Now that's just sexy.

(I'm curious... why the 2 clocks, I can't figure out what time zones those would be with the difference between them...)
    haha.. Pacific time zone.... and dead battery time zone at the moment...it will be set to Shanghai time at some point.

(⌐■_■)
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    Added more lights last weekend, Costco had led shop lights on sale for $25. Very happy with the results!
    These lights are kick-ass! I tossed one up in my rafters just to light things up when I was using my miter saw, and wow, I think I'll be able to light my whole garage with only 6 of them!
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    These lights are kick-ass! I tossed one up in my rafters just to light things up when I was using my miter saw, and wow, I think I'll be able to light my whole garage with only 6 of them!
    I have 5 total, 2 on the switch and 3 I can turn on by pull chains when I need them.

(⌐■_■)
    Spent a bunch of time in the garage yesterday, got the guide rails for my new table saw fence built, and sank the second grounding rod for the garage's electrical sub-panel. Just have to hook that up soon...
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread