Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop/Garage/Man Cave Thread

your dream is only two car garage Adam?

mine is to have at least a 3 car garage, with plenty of space for a shop in back, plus a loft above. It would be well insulated and heated, etc. There would be a carport out front for more covered parking (also allows all weather car washing, with hot/cold water taps), and then plenty more flat paved parking in front of that for visiting friends (and of course, a driveway that's easy to maneuver past).

who cares about the house ...
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    joel, by the sounds of the amount of real estate that you will be taking up for the car area, there wont be any room for a house!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    joel, by the sounds of the amount of real estate that you will be taking up for the car area, there wont be any room for a house!
    I'm glad you understand..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

A two car that matches my house and has a lift and a bar above it with a view of the garage below. I know, it's simple and attainable. That's how most of my dreams are. No to split hairs but my fantasy garage looks more like this and wouldn't fit on my current property.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    [office space] Yeah, umm, Im gonna need a link to where you are getting those plans... That would be greeeaat. Thaaanks [/officespace]

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    A two car that matches my house and has a lift and a bar above it with a view of the garage below. I know, it's simple and attainable. That's how most of my dreams are. No to split hairs but my fantasy garage looks more like this and wouldn't fit on my current property.
    NOW we're talking!

and yeah.. I some how forgot about this, but I would need a lift, and a pit, in mine as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    [office space] Yeah, umm, Im gonna need a link to where you are getting those plans... That would be greeeaat. Thaaanks [/officespace]
    http://www.behmdesign.net/
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Some other awesome plans: http://www.archwaypress.com/?gac=rr
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    but, Adam, neither of your garages has the vertical space for a lift
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Blah you don't need a lift if you get a MB truck!....hehe

I should take some pictures of my garage so you can see my garbage cave!

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    Agreed.

And genius idea for a thread... I have nothing to contribute at the time, however. But, it would involve something similar to the last plan, and what Joel said... lots of garage space, with a loft-style house. And, the wifey agrees with it haha

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    All those plans would all need to be modded so one bay could accommodate a full height 2 post. That's where the upstairs view of the shop below could come in. One bay would have a lift and the other would have a crap ton of lights for detailing.

I've never been one for picking tattoos off the wall iykwim.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

What's the hold up Tyler? I want to see your garage now that you overhauled it and made it into a brewery.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    now that the car is in there, it's just as crowded as ever
    -Tyler-

Poo....In other news: Beer
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Damn, I already miss my garage.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Me to....hehe

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by trip permit View Post
    Damn, I already miss my garage.
    You definitely had a pretty sweet setup, if only you had understanding neighbors haha

i wish i had the overhead clearance for a lift

You just need to dig a half pit in the back and install a low clearance lift. You'd be good to go.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    You definitely had a pretty sweet setup, if only you had understanding neighbors haha
    You see it in pictures or been there? haha.

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    You just need to dig a half pit in the back and install a low clearance lift. You'd be good to go.
    there's no way I'd alter this house's foundation. I could probably do a low clearance lift anyhow for most work. Anything's better than jackstands.

Normal Member en318ispdx is on a distinguished road en318ispdx's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    there's no way I'd alter this house's foundation. I could probably do a low clearance lift anyhow for most work. Anything's better than jackstands.
    Move your kids room! Knock out the ceiling problem solved. lol

Mike, where's the pics of your gayrage? Two many secrets? Rofl!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

after i clean up from carmageddon

+ Reply to Thread