Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop/Garage/Man Cave Thread

I see the corrado is on jack stands... as it should be
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Yeah, they don't catch fire nearly as easy that way.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I'm bumping this. I think I might actually be able to swing building a garage if I swing things right. The more I look into garage prices, the more I think I can afford it.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    still working on mine. apparently I need an engineer approval for my project..

I think I might be able to build my garage for under $30 per sqft. If so, then I'm in business. As long as I can get the pad poured and the basic structure up for that amount, I'd be happy. I can do everything else in stages. Even if I don't have electricity, water or insulation, I'll be happy to have a building that I can keep my buckets in.

The bad thing, I wont have money to build the E21 as a planned. But, I think that garage > car build.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2012.06.04 at 07:55 AM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Junior Member smokedA2 is on a distinguished road smokedA2's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I see the corrado is on jack stands... as it should be
    They do make great garage decor!

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    I just purchased my new garage w/ attached house. I took delivery of the keys a couple weeks ago. 1965 ranch/rambler near Lake Whatcom in Bellingham. 1/3rd of an acre (half paved ) with a horseshoe driveway & RV parking. Garage is just short of 500 sq ft and heated. House is 1475 sq ft single level. I'll try to get a couple pics up in a bit. Just finished tearing down a bunch of plywood and installing 5/8" fire retardant sheet rock on the wall to the house. Just got the 914 moved over this weekend.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

Nice! Congrats!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    still working on mine. apparently I need an engineer approval for my project..
    I approve of your project. Does that help? No? Dammit! Well, I tried.

Quote: Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I just purchased my new garage w/ attached house. I took delivery of the keys a couple weeks ago. 1965 ranch/rambler near Lake Whatcom in Bellingham. 1/3rd of an acre (half paved ) with a horseshoe driveway & RV parking. Garage is just short of 500 sq ft and heated. House is 1475 sq ft single level. I'll try to get a couple pics up in a bit. Just finished tearing down a bunch of plywood and installing 5/8" fire retardant sheet rock on the wall to the house. Just got the 914 moved over this weekend.
    congrats Chris
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Decided to stop by IKEA last night while I was in the area for a BBQ at Meister's place.

The liquor cabinet in the bottom of the picture was built nearly 7 years ago, and has some failing hinges. Since I was given permission to turn our timy formal dining room into a tasting/tap room... I figured turning one corner into real-ish looking bar would be awesome.

Here's what i accomplished this morning.

Next up is a "Top Shelf" to keep unworthy paws off my expensive bottles, and fill up the space. I'm also adding a single mirror on the adjacent wall to each wall to give more reflection and help make the area look bigger.

Also, a dark mustard paint will be added in the near future to give the whole room a pub look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	235  
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

saw a shelf in one of the apartment garages near mine.. I need one of those in my garage to make better use of the lack of space

The Baur is coming home, so I had to tackle the garage. Goddamn it was so much work. I can't let it get that messy again. And now my humble slice of car heaven.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Certainly looks well organized! My garage is ready.

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I'm ready for a new garage. One with a higher ceiling would be nice. Oh, and more space.
    -Tyler-

You and me both, man. I'd also like some finished walls and more than 1 outlet per wall.

l Arron lSPACE

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    My garage is way to messy to post pictures. That's what happens when you take apart an entire car to build into another shell. And you have a drivetrain for another car. And you have a bike torn apart. Too many projects for a two car garage!
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

Yeah, my garage is tremendously cramped now. It took a couple days to get that garage cleaned out. I still have a truck load of crap that needs to go to the dump. So much crap to sort through. I never want my garage to get that bad again.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Yeah, my garage is tremendously cramped now. It took a couple days to get that garage cleaned out. I still have a truck load of crap that needs to go to the dump. So much crap to sort through. I never want my garage to get that bad again.
    you need more space to the side of your car

this is mine right now.. with the car mostly to one side (can barely get around it). There are actually three stacks of tires in front of it, along with a bike and a hot water heater

Joel, I want that grill

l Arron lSPACE

the Golf GT or the Jetta grille? I have both sitting there

I only see one in the picture. I do believe its a GT grill.

l Arron lSPACE

yeah.. the GT grille is up front.. with the Jetta grille behind it

Out of curiosity... Is this. A pre-boating adventure picture of the M3?

l Arron lSPACE

+ Reply to Thread