Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop/Garage/Man Cave Thread

haha.. yes. That photo is from February or so
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Sad. Looked pretty good in that picture.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    you need more space to the side of your car
    True, there is only inches. The car has to be pushed out before the doors can be opened.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Figured I should just post this in here. Doing an overhaul of my new compressor, got the tank stripped and painted. Still need to redo all the wiring and put the new motor on. Going to clean the pump and paint it too.

When I bought it:

Primered:

Painted:
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

wow..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Much improved! Lookin' good.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    That tank looks like it's new! Good job on the refurb.

Nothing special here, obviously, but a couple of weeks ago I took everything out except the water heater furnace and thoroughly cleaned the garage and everything in it. I re-organized so all of my tools are in order and labeled, all of the beer equipment is consolidated on one shelf, etc.

I need to do something similar. Everything in my garage right now is as it was when I moved in... it's not a horrible setup, but it could definitely use some improvement

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    It will make any project easier... instead of spending 1/2 the time trying to find the right tool/utensil/whatever, I know the general if not the exact location of everything now. Now I need to make room for an engine stand, though..

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Is that a Kenwood or Pioneer receiver?

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Is that a Kenwood or Pioneer receiver?
    MCS 3233, so I guess JCP? I've had it since HS, and never had a problem with it. Before that, my dad had it for an unknown number of years.

Still need to order some wiring stuff this week and remount the pulley on the compressor. I've been delayed a bit waiting for a new left-hand bolt to arrive. Didn't realize the bolt holding the compressor pulley on was left-hand until my impact broke it! Picked up some new regulators/filters/lubers from Ingersoll Rand on closeout, going to mount them on a panel or something on the wall near the compressor. Also need to get a desiccant filter or try and find a good deal on a used refrigerated dryer.

Just a tad bigger than the old Speedaire

-Alex @vexartmedia-
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

left-hand bolts

I know there's a purpose for them.. but you'd think they could be labeled better

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    So jealous of everybody on here with a garage this is my work space:

your space is covered... that's better than what I've had until this year

In college my buddies did all kinds of work (engine/trans/suspension swaps) in apartment parking lots. If the weather was too bad and you could get the work done in a day, they would just take it to one of the school parking garages and do work there. Several times cops came by and asked if everything was alright, but never made them leave even though it was obvious they weren't just fixing something that happened while it was parked there.

Picked up a Hankison HIT-25 refrigerated air dryer today for $100 on CL (these sell new for $1300). Should work great with the new compressor when it's up and running.

-Alex @vexartmedia-

Nice find!

Compressor is up and running! SO much nicer for sandblasting, no more waiting for pressure to build back up.
    Waiting on a few more pushlock fittings to setup the autodrain, but other than that it's complete.

Lines are all 1/2" pipe, but I still need to upgrade all my quick connects to at least 3/8" instead of the 1/4" I have on most of my air tools now.
    Filters/regulators/autodrain are all Ingersoll Rand ARO series that I got on closeout for ~$10-15 each (STUPID CHEAP!).

Layout:
    Compressor -> 5 micron main filter/regulator -> Refrigerated air dryer -> SPLITS TO a.) 5 micron filter/regulator/luber for air tools OR b.) 0.3 micron filter/regulator for painting/blasting/powdercoating

Autodrain (float activated) also has a regulator in front of it since it's a poly bowl with a max input of 150psi.

Next up is to modify my blast cabinet to accept my pressure pot blaster with a foot operated pinch valve so I don't have to use the crappy siphon feed gun.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Yesterday I completely changed how the shelving was arranged on one side of my garage, and then added some extra shelving to the other side. Also discovered just how much extra VW crap I still have. Going to start recycling and selling things next Sunday.
    -Tyler-

Normal Member ExplosiveToaster will become famous soon enough ExplosiveToaster's Avatar
    This is where the magic happens:
    - Mike | My Photos | '16 VW Golf R | '87 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16

looks more usable as a garage than my place does right now

Got a Delta mobile base (generally used for table saws/band saws/etc) from Woodcraft for $10 at their sidewalk sale earlier this year. Finally got around to putting my air compressor on it. Wasn't the perfect size so I had to use some boards to make it fit, but it works. Sooo much better than moving the compressor around with an engine hoist. The 3rd wheel flips up to 'drop' the base into place on rubber feet. I don't plan on moving the compressor around very often, but when I need to it'll go much faster now.

IMG_20141231_010634176 by alxdgr8, on Flickr

IMG_20141231_010852247 by alxdgr8, on Flickr
    -Alex @vexartmedia-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I love those bases
    -Tyler-

that's pretty cool. Does it cause more vibration when the compressor motor is on?

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    that's pretty cool. Does it cause more vibration when the compressor motor is on?
    It's got rubber wheels on one half and rubber feet on the other when set down, so it's actually better than when I just had it sitting on the ground.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-

+ Reply to Thread