Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop/Garage/Man Cave Thread

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    My most recent garage improvement, bought some rat bait
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    so, I just went out, hung the new electrical panel, put up some 2x4's as electrical raceways, and started running cable. Need to haul my spool of wire out there though, gonna go through a couple hundred feet pretty quick.
    Last edited by twardnw; 2014.12.31 at 20:58 PM. Reason: feet, feet is spelled with a 't'...
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Youz a busy dude!
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    I like to keep busy

There's a freaking million projects to do around here, but my garage seems to be the most neglected. I'd really like to purchase the cable I need and get the electrical actually connected to the house. Right now, my lights, saws, stereo, etc. is all running off an extension cord from the back of the house
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Eeeekkkkk!

l Arron lSPACE

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Continuing with the mobility theme, I added casters to the lathe (still need to get a VFD to get it up and running)
    IMG_20150101_220902542 by alxdgr8, on Flickr

Mounted the 100' reel for the air hose (industrial grade Ingersoll Rand water/air reel I got for stupid cheap) Looks ghetto, but it's super sturdy, which is good since the reel weighs about 100 lbs:
    IMG_20150101_234653879 by alxdgr8, on Flickr

Installed the most important tool in the garage too:
    IMG_20150101_225253764 by alxdgr8, on Flickr

And I realized I've got pretty much the most mismatched set of tool boxes ever:
    IMG_20150101_232015880 by alxdgr8, on Flickr
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

Damn, talk about tool storage... Nice!

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    Well, garage is still running off an extension cord (can't afford the 60' of cable to connect it to the house panel right now), but at least it's all running through the new panel now. Lighting circuit (added 2 exterior lights yesterday too), and outlets along east wall. If I take a break from work today I'll get the beginnings of a circuit for the workbench wall, and the west wall.
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by alxdgr8 View Post
    Mounted the 100' reel for the air hose (industrial grade Ingersoll Rand water/air reel I got for stupid cheap) Looks ghetto, but it's super sturdy, which is good since the reel weighs about 100 lbs:
    I need one of those!

Quote: Originally Posted by alxdgr8 View Post
    And I realized I've got pretty much the most mismatched set of tool boxes ever:
    that's pretty awesome
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

picked up a set of gearwrench 3/8" socket extensions..

these were needed badly.. other than the HF set of wobble extensions, all I had for extensions was a couple of super cheap 3/8" extensions, one duralast 1/4" extension, and one great neck 3/8" extension. This is what happens when you use the crappy ones at 90 ft-lb torque (poor stanley socket):

here's my cart, currently

for christmas I got the HF towel holder and glove box/tissue box holder, along with an HF magnetic shelf

the tools currently in the cart. The 2nd small drawer down is empty so far

the top is just random stuff/workspace right now

also got this work light for christmas.. a hook on each end, plus some magnetic bits

and this flashlight.. magnetic tip, and it extends

tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

(⌐■_■)
    Take out the recycling!
    -Tyler-

that wouldn't help

the garage has barely been touched since we moved in. I have managed to keep enough space open for one car to park, occasionally

Joel, I find it funny you use the rubber glove box for tissues. ROFLCOPTER

l Arron lSPACE

hahaha

(⌐■_■)
    Think later I'm going to go out and use what 2x4's I have left and start framing in my chop-saw workbench. Oh, need to sharpen the chain on the neighbors saw, that I've had for 8 months...
    -Tyler-

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	414

Used up some stickers on the HF tool cart.
    Last edited by VDubVirus; 2015.01.03 at 15:01 PM.

l Arron lSPACE

More service cart modding.

Added a Sunnex folding shelf.

Views:	147
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	415

Views:	154
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	416

l Arron lSPACE

that looks nice

Regular Member V8-190e is on a distinguished road V8-190e's Avatar

New table

The new place we are moving to has much less garage space (for now) so I sold the 4'x4' CNC plasma table and am building a new 2'x4' skinnier table to replace it and fit into the current space.

Attachment 417

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    that looks nice
    Thanks, Joel. I even made this very closely color matched bracket. The support didn't quite line up with the cart's upright supports.

Views:	150
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	418

Views:	155
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	419

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    Think I've finalized what one side of the garage will look like now

most are 18"x33" cabinets (24" or 26" drawers, haven't decided yet), the two larger are 24" deep, the sunk one in the middle is for the miter saw.
    -Tyler-

Normal Member electromage will become famous soon enough electromage's Avatar
    Dang, I wish I had more space (and power). My little condo garage barely has room form some wire racks beside my car and my door hits the wall. It's difficult to get jack stands under my car without bumping it. I have a little workbench (desk) in the corner, and nowhere to keep my vacuum and trash bin. I've also got a single 15A circuit with one outlet on the ceiling, and a single lamp socket.

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    Think I've finalized what one side of the garage will look like now

http://i.imgur.com/VPKipkHl.png

most are 18"x33" cabinets (24" or 26" drawers, haven't decided yet), the two larger are 24" deep, the sunk one in the middle is for the miter saw.
    no plan for using the space above the cabinets?

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    no plan for using the space above the cabinets?
    Perhaps some shelving?
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

I'm all about making use of vertical space, so I'm curious what he's thinking

+ Reply to Thread