monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTF .. mk3 vr spark plug broken

WTF .. mk3 vr spark plug broken

Hi, it's me again with another silly question. I was driving my car (97 gti vr) yesterday and it all of a sudden made a horrible noise. I pulled over, opened her up, wiggled all my spark plug wires and one was incredibly loose. I pulled it out and my spark plug had snapped in half. I limped it the block home with my car sounding like a lawnmower and then let it sit overnight. Pulled off the top portion of the intake manifold today to try and give myself better access to the pieces of plug. They aren't there... I don't know for certain if they are in the cylinder, but if they are: A. Is a half mile driving with a piece of metal in my cylinder enough to destroy my engine? B. How can I remove said metal? Thanks in advance.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I don't have any input other than awesome thread title! Hehe

So all of the ceramic parts of the spark plug are gone? What about the lower threaded portion?

I cannot find a single piece to it, anywhere.

Nevermind... My roommate found the pieces. I"m dumb.

Glad to hear your roommate found it.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    So is the electrode portion of the plug intact? The part that goes into the combustion chamber?

I believe so. It looks the same as all the other ones, no chunks out of it or anything.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    What kind of plug was it?

NGK. It was the same type of plug as comes originally and I think I replaced them FEB of last year.

in the interest of helping future searches, can we try to make our technical threads a little more descriptive?

also.. use the thread tags please!
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Sorry. I will be more infomative next time. Also, I believe I did use the thread tag? The thread tag is the technical, ongoing, official, etc; stuff right?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    nope, thread tags are at the bottom
    -Tyler-

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    It would be funny to have a "WTF" tag.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Quote: Originally Posted by gti_guy View Post
    Also, I believe I did use the thread tag? The thread tag is the technical, ongoing, official, etc; stuff right?
    haha.. okay

thread prefix: what is placed before the thread's title (like 'Technical')

thread tags: various key words you might think of when creating a thread or adding a post to a thread (using the 'advanced' reply). These key words are then searchable, and add just one more way for people to find threads easily.

Say someone wants to find threads related to mk2's.... if every thread that has any relation to a mk2 has 'mk2' as a tag then the search works great, regardless of whether 'mk2' is even in the topic or subject. Even better.. there are probably a ton of threads where a 'mk2' is mentioned, but the thread really has nothing to do with mk2's. Make more sense?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Ok. Thanks for the clarification Joel!

+ Reply to Thread