monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Fun Exploring Abandoned Properties

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar

More Fun Exploring Abandoned Properties

Been driving by this place all the time, and finally remembered to bring my camera. As far as I can tell, it's been unoccupied for a ling time now. It's now on the market, largely for the land I would venture to guess. I'd like to go back and take a look through the main house since it was so easily accessible. Were I not wearing shorts, I probably would have gone inside. I'll definitely go back soon.

This other place is a prime piece of land with a surprise in the garage. Much like the first house, it has obviously been vacant for quite some time. Why someone would just leave a car behind is beyond me. There was a nosy neighbor, so I wasn't able to explore as much as I'd have liked. I definitely plan on going back some time soon.

The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    MOAR!!!

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    The Hoarder or American Picker in me wants to load up all of those goodies!
    I can't believe what people leave behind!

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    We should all go in on the Thunderbird and restore it.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    It looks like its in pretty decent shape minus the back window.
    I'd love to go thru all of that crap there.

There looked to be all kinds of stuff in there. If it wasn't for the aforementioned nosy neighbor, I would have taken a closer look around.

- Jorge Luis Borges

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    It looks like its in pretty decent shape minus the back window.
    I'd love to go thru all of that crap there. and put it in my garage so I can complain some more about too much stuff
    fixed!

I ran into stuff in the south like that last summer. People would just up and move out west and leave all their stuff behind. There were some pretty creepy/interesting houses in the backwoods of Kentucky and Tennessee.

They had houses there?

Haha. Yeah. Were you thinking thatched huts?

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    fixed!
    Haha, thanks!
    I am getting 1/4 of my garage back once her sisters come get their crap!
    No more storage unit because I need to fit a vehicle in my garage!
    Then I can get insurance on my truck and be able to work on stuff inside!

Quote: Originally Posted by gti_guy View Post
    Haha. Yeah. Were you thinking thatched huts?
    I have lived in MS before and seen things... I mean really, if you plan to live in an area that is known for tornadoes and hurricanes, only a fool would build a real house there

Ken, sister in law has been storing her shit in your man area? Unacceptable. Start putting her shit in the kitchen. It will disappear real fast and not be in your man area

That's what insurance is for. I'd build a house down there. I love that area.

nice land, shitty people for the most part...

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    fun, go get more pics!

I have a few things to do today so I'll see how much time I have left. It would be nice to have time today to go back, at least to that second house.

- Jorge Luis Borges

If you want those I'm sure I could go back and get them.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    I would love to do some exploring like this.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

I actually drove by a place just down the street from that first house that looked abandoned. I'd have to get a closer look to verify that though.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Junior Member smokedA2 is on a distinguished road smokedA2's Avatar
    I live near that first house, and have always wondered what it looked like!

Normal Member blue62 will become famous soon enough
    That T-Bird does almost look worth getting hands onto it. I mean, if it's rust free it's worth a couple grand at least. My dad's had to track owners of abandoned cars down by taking the plate to a cop friend of his and having them run it to get a name and such. If the people are still around they'd probably let it go for near peanuts though if the owners have passed away it turns into a fiasco. I also wonder how you can get some of the stuff in those houses... If they're abandoned, does the bank own them or the people? Who would you have to contact? My dad and I have found a few places in our time with old gas station signs and pumps before and the places look like they've been untouched for decades but we had no clue how to get the stuff

Quote: Originally Posted by smokedA2 View Post
    I live near that first house, and have always wondered what it looked like!
    I could walk to that first one, but it'd be a pretty good walk. It wouldn't be too bad since I can walk to Gateway Middle School in about 10 minutes.

Quote: Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
    That T-Bird does almost look worth getting hands onto it. I mean, if it's rust free it's worth a couple grand at least. My dad's had to track owners of abandoned cars down by taking the plate to a cop friend of his and having them run it to get a name and such. If the people are still around they'd probably let it go for near peanuts though if the owners have passed away it turns into a fiasco. I also wonder how you can get some of the stuff in those houses... If they're abandoned, does the bank own them or the people? Who would you have to contact? My dad and I have found a few places in our time with old gas station signs and pumps before and the places look like they've been untouched for decades but we had no clue how to get the stuff
    The first house is on the market (probably just for the land), and that second house has been For Sale By Owner for a very long time. They might not even still be alive at this point. Still would be fun to find out though. That poor T-Bird needs to be saved.

- Jorge Luis Borges

definitely crazy how things are just left behind. I'm sure there are reasons other than just people moving out to go somewhere else. I've seen houses abandoned because people owe too much money, or because they're running from the cops, etc. Still crazy..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    I could walk to that first one, but it'd be a pretty good walk. It wouldn't be too bad since I can walk to Gateway Middle School in about 10 minutes.
    Where is it? I take my son to Gateway every morning and I havent seen it.

+ Reply to Thread