monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: eastern Washington photos last month

eastern Washington photos last month

I took a few photos on my way to Spokane and Euro Meet last month.. figured I'd share them here.

just another photo from around Leavenworth. The snow on the mountains in the distance was so beautiful that day, but I doubt I could have ever captured it on camera the way I would have liked.

and then a few from a place called Pine City. It's not even on maps any more.. it hasn't been an incorporated town for decades. But, my great grandma had a home in the town and my dad spent many summers there. Much of my family is buried in the town's cemetery. It's right at the edge of the Palouse, so the rolling hills add a nice touch when the sun is low.

This is Pine City in the valley below..

the hills in the background

and the cemetery
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    You really excel at scenery shots. Nice shots as always.

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Neat. I know I've been through there before - I've driven 90% of the country roads down that way (or at least it feels like it!). That is quite the cemetery for such a small community!
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Is the first pic near the middle school?

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Is the first pic near the middle school?
    not sure? It's on Ski Hill Rd.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
    Neat. I know I've been through there before - I've driven 90% of the country roads down that way (or at least it feels like it!). That is quite the cemetery for such a small community!
    part of the family on my dad's side has around four generations of people buried there. I actually walked around and looked at every headstone. There's maybe 5 or 6 families that have 2 - 4 generations in the cemetary, so that makes up for a lot of what you see there. It's definitely a decent size..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Yeah, I was going to mention Ski Hill rd. Kinda where I thought it was. The middle school and high school used to be in the same building as the current high school when I went there. It was rather packed to say the least

Crazy about the cemetery. That is a lot of people! Or a lot of bodies rather..

Pine City is here: http://goo.gl/maps/kikl

it's on Pine City Rd... in between St. John & Rosalia. It's the middle of nowhere, but it's a pretty area. If you're coming from St. John the first group of evergreen trees you see is at Pine City, so it's a nice welcome. As you can see.. there's not much there any more. A few homes.. run down buildings.. what used to be a railroad track (the John Wayne Pioneer Trail).. and lots of farm land. Apparently what is now farm land nearby used to be where my great-grandma lived, with her farm land.. so a lot of the homes that used to exist are simply gone now.

Wow! Thats pretty East of Eastern WA I havent heard of the John Wayne Trail. Was it a section of Great Northern track?

Wow! Thats pretty East of Eastern WA I havent heard of the John Wayne Trail. Was it a section of Great Northern track?
    this site says it's the old chicago-milwaukee line... who knew?
    http://www.traillink.com/trail/john-...eer-trail.aspx

it goes across most of the state

Normal Member blue62 will become famous soon enough
    Wth my computer isn't showing any pics...

Quote: Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
    Wth my computer isn't showing any pics...
    can you go to http://fakelag.net/gallery ?
    if so... fix your computer

You know whats strange? At my computer at the shop, I cant see some pics. I havent really looked in depth at it (cause I should probably be working anyway) but some pics just dont show up..

You know whats strange? At my computer at the shop, I cant see some pics. I havent really looked in depth at it (cause I should probably be working anyway) but some pics just dont show up..
    some do but others don't? They're all on the same server, coming from the same place (same server as this forum is on as well). Soooo... your computer is screwed up?

Oh, I am not suggesting there is not a problem with the computer at the shop. those things are super old and they have likely been subjected to just about everything a computer at a shop could be subjected to. shits broke yo.

+ Reply to Thread