Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any local fly fishers?

any local fly fishers?

As the title states, are any of you info fly fishing? We had a thread going in the pnw regional forums on vortex but i'm bitter about the change and really like this forum so I thought I'd bring it over here. Hope it's cool and doesn't get locked. Post up what waters you fished lately or are planning to fish and what you've been catching. I'm always down to meet up and fish so post up if you've got a spot in mind you'd like to try out.

Sometime this month I'd like to spend a day fishing Squalicum in Bellingham and then going to Pass lake on the way back down South.

PNW Most Hated bucknasty! is an unknown quantity at this point bucknasty!'s Avatar
    I am an avid fly fisher. The Eastern rivers of Oregon are awesome . The Deschutes is by far my favorite
    ABCDubs:. Cult Status

Good to hear man. I'd like to get some locals together for a day of fishing soon. Anybody down?

Junior Member mk24door is on a distinguished road mk24door's Avatar
    I was thinking of seeing if we could get a cruise out to the ocean and get a charter together of just local car enthusiasts.
    But to stay on topic, Drew you should make the trip out to Pearrygin soon. They weren't biting power bait really. It almost looked like it was raining there were so many ripples from fish jumping. That lake would be phenomenal for fly fishing.

Yeah, I'm jealous that you were able to make it up there. I've heard stories of some of the lakes in Oakanogan. All good things.

Anytime you wanna make an overnight trip, I'm in

Quote: Originally Posted by bucknasty! View Post
    I am an avid fly fisher. The Eastern rivers of Oregon are awesome . The Deschutes is by far my favorite
    thats the truth. except for when the wind is crazy

Anybody fly fish the puget sound beaches for Sea Run Cutthroat? I've been reading alot about it and you can actually go fish any beach for the most part legally. I live very close to Carkeek and Golden Gardens so I'll be hitting those two up when the tides are in my favor if anyone wants to join me ever.

Junior Member Lunker is on a distinguished road
    Off and on, for about 20 yrs, I've fished off the beaches in University Place, Tacoma and Gig Harbor. But, throwing a buzz bomb, i've seen lots and lots of 5+ pounders and up caught. I have seen guys fly fish directly underneath the Narrows Bridge on the Gig Harbor side. After high tide peaks, the currents run like a river through there as it goes down.

Sounds like you know your stuff on the puget sound beaches. I know you have to put in the time to find the productive spots out there but if you're ever feeling like showing a newbie puget sound fly fisher some good beaches I'll buy you some beers.

Quote: Originally Posted by mk24door View Post
    Anytime you wanna make an overnight trip, I'm in
    so dirty...

Bah hahahahahaha. Shane is a dirty man!

The only fly fishing I do is connected to a a chicks jeans!! BOOOOO-yaaa first post!

um.....dude....chickens don't ware jeans man. They don't even ware pants. They are birds.

I've seen chickens *wear jeans O.o

anyways, lets not get this locked up. Who's fly fishing today?

Junior Member Lunker is on a distinguished road
    Quote: Originally Posted by 206turboballs View Post
    Sounds like you know your stuff on the puget sound beaches. I know you have to put in the time to find the productive spots out there but if you're ever feeling like showing a newbie puget sound fly fisher some good beaches I'll buy you some beers.
    Nah, I really don't know too much. Doesnt take much to cast and reel over and over and over, lol.....I've just basically gone to the beaches locally since I've lived in the same neighborhood my entire life. Pretty much all of Puget Sound is fair game as far as I know, you just need to get there through public access. Owens Beach at Pt Defiance might be good...easy access...Narrows bridge is as well on the Gig Harbor side, just have to hike down the hill....

There is supposed to be some really low tides mid day this weekend so I'll probably try and make it to a couple beaches and do some scouting to see where some good sea run cutthroat water may be. This weekend I'm also gonna try and hit up lake 16 and Squalicum lake if anyone wants to meet up for that.

+ Reply to Thread