Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The 82 caddy

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    You're up late!

heh yeah i was... got on a roll. the wife had fallen asleep on the couch, so I headed out. no clock in the new "shop"
    pics later.

haha omg sharpie lolz

busy weekend, lots 'o pics

went to pick/pull and gutted the interiors of 2 cabriolets to pirate the carpet underlayments. yanked the carpet on the truck and put all this down.

here it is all put back together

got tired of the sloppy primer fender and dull paint, so I sunk a few hours into the gold, and primed the whole fender.

which my child promptly began tagging

last night I got bored and refinished the exterior mirrors and wiper arms in texture black, cleaned up and switched the chrome door handle inserts for black too.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    last night I got bored and refinished the exterior mirrors and wiper arms in texture black, cleaned up and switched the chrome door handle inserts for black too.
    What's with the white ziptie?

its holding the grille together. its my reminder to fix that shit.

removed, cleaned, sprayed and reinstalled the grille

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Gotta tell the kid there's a W in in "Whore's power."

textured the interior A pillars black to tide me over until I source the plastic trims

did some more rattlecan texturing in the interior last night. I am prepared now to start on a headliner.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    did you find one of those cardboard pieces? What a bitch to find one in good shape, I gave up, really wanted one though.
    -Tyler-

I have a cardboard headliner on loan from a GTI. I will be using it to make a pattern.
    I also have the pillar trim cardboard on loan, so I'll be cutting all of these out of thin masonite this weekend hopefully.

I plan on lining both sides of the masonite with foam, then covering the whole thing with vinyl. I haven't decided if I want to use black vinyl or something else just yet.

I will also be relocating the dome light and upgrading it to something with reading lights, and removing the rearview mirror from the glass and seeking out something custom to mount to the header.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    pillar trim cardboard? The ratty stuff I pulled off was just thick vinyl
    -Tyler-

yup there's a cardboard bit that goes on the B pillars.
    as far as the A pillars go, they should have been skinned with vinyl.
    I am seeking out a late [bonded windshield] pair of plastic A pillar trims for those.

(⌐■_■)
    ah, there was nothing on the B pillars when I got the truck, that 'splains it
    -Tyler-

yup now they're texture black. i did the A pillars and up over the top of the doors where the unfinished gold paint was. now, when I do the headliner, any gappage that might remain will be hidden. I'll post up pics this weekend. Saturday is PNP day! Gonna go look for some solid black visors plus other random bits.
    Last edited by ducatipaso; 2012.01.12 at 22:38 PM.

tonight, pulled the rear carpet back up. trimmed down the underlayments so the chairs will slide better, and decided to rattlecan the seat tracks so the gold doesnt bling thru the carpet. i know there's supposed to be a seat track trim, but they always end up broken. relaid the rear carpet, the fit's definitely better.

here's the headliner area now

rear floor pan before

after

ordered smoked corners today

uh oh, now i've done it.

i believe they say that idle hands are the devil's workshop

lol..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

picked up a 4' x 6' horse stall mat today. $40. cut it to fit the bed as a mat. these things weigh about #100.

observations

these things are a bitch to cut. sabre saw and you have to have a rigid backing behind the blade.
    the truck rides better because there's some weight over the rear axle
    the truck is quieter... it's like a giant dynamat
    this stuff is definitely nonskid. bonus.

a well spent $40. I'm surprised more truck owners dont do this.

+ Reply to Thread