Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: The 82 caddy

it's the network! good stuff!

i finally sourced an airbox. it's from a '92 Jetta ECOdiesel [excuse the instagram photos]

best part is, it takes a standard 6545 filter [what every mk2 and mk3 takes, even VRs]

and it all looks really ****ing OEM... i could not be happier.
    another cool part is its got an internal vacuum operated flapper that can either pull air from behind the headlight or from the snorkel that draws from under the turbo for warm air [in cold climes I guess]

I need to source a low profile 90 headlight socket so I can reinstall the internal air horn which will make it even quieter.

badass! it's so nice and quiet! it smoothed out throttle response and seems to be assisting in keeping engine temps down.

I don't see any stancey, big turbo, soot-blowing photos, so you suck.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

at least im sucking thru a proper filter now. gonna turn up the fuel a bit more tomorrow as the box brought the idle down.

that air box looks a little too shiny for the engine
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

more instacrap

what's happening to you
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

its convenient. i have real photos from the shoot but have been way too busy to process them up and post.
    on another note, the fueling increase made another large jump in performance. more smoke, waaaaaaaaaaay more pull.

i need to dyno this thing before i start breaking things.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    How is the fuel economy?

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    its convenient.
    I understand this.. it's the only reason I ever use my crappy camera on the phone. But, why instagram?

cause for me instagram is the ideal social networking format. i want to take pictures and share them. i dont want drama or to write out long diatribes.
    that's what forums are for. :-P

anyhow, back on topic!

so I bought a nice little air/oil separator from jegs for the caddy with the intent of ditching the stock PCV setup
    as part of the design process, i purchased clear tubing so i could see how the system works and where the oil was coming from

the AAZ has this large plastic pipe that hooks to the block where the normal 1/2" fitting is on the NA diesel
    apparently, this is the location that the oil is coming from, *not* from the topside
    increasing the backpressure on the PCV system caused this to happen at a much greater rate, and I pushed quite a bit of oil out the end that I rerouted to the airbox

so, I undid what I had done, and paid extra care to seal the vertical pipe and this seems to have reduces the oil leak issue, but the fact remains that oil is escaping past the PCV system and is being fed in ahead of the turbo.

I broke down and bought what is considered the ultimate air/oil separator for turbodiesels. It wasn't cheap but this setup will enable me to pipe the stock pancake down to this nice little unit and then route it either back to the stock location ahead of the turbo or into the box before the air filter. this bad boy has a 1" inlet and outlet to flow LOTS of air.

http://www.republicsales.com/product...annprovent.php

thanks for that info. I don't know what I'd do without it.

well.. it's a pretty pic

heh I was replying to the spambot that posted in my thread

I know.. I was responding to the oil separator pic

hehe hopefully it'll be here soon. I want to get this resolved. I've got the oil leakage nailed, its running strong, now it's about keeping it that way!

the new canister is nice. so is the result of turning in the boost controller by about 6 turns.

got some flat caps

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    eww
    -Tyler-

heh I like the look. here's an instagr.am to prove it
    this is the setup some MK2s came with

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    yeah, needs the contrast of the black centers IMO
    -Tyler-

geezz.. I read that twice over a couple of days as 'mud flaps' instead of 'flat caps'

heh i have a pair of those too from joe gotta mount em up. in fact, i think im gonna go do that right now.

more instagram!

abused the front tires with a little bleach tossed in for kicks yesterday
    disclaimer: professional driver, closed course

not bad for a diesel

It's times like this, that you need HD video. Maybe a little r/c heli flying over your hood as the cloud of smoke starts pluming and a camera in front shooting wide angle with the heli sliding through the frame. Sick! Maybe next summer.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

+ Reply to Thread