monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The 82 caddy

placeholder doppelfaust will become famous soon enough doppelfaust's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    drop-in bedliners = evil
    Definitely, we have one in the truck we got from Selena's dad... pulled it out and there was tons of rust under it.

no way. the caddy's bed is single wall. I'll take the protection over the risk of rust.
    we dont have the rain you guys do so there will be way less water, and besides, the caddy leaks into the cab and this will help prevent that.

I might consider coating the bed with POR15 or the likes to protect it before dropping the liner in, but the cost of the liner (150) is way less than what I'd spend to straighten it out and put on a nice spray-on bedliner.

so weird seeing that thing raised back up..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

it'll be lowered again [less] in time. lowering is lower on the priority list versus other things I want to sort out mechanically/electrically.

Normal Member Slow8vJetta will become famous soon enough
    It's a VW, there will always be electrical issues that need to be sorted out.
    DubSaints

last night I rescued [literally] a bedful of MK1 parts!

Kim said you can't stay unless the belly of the truck scrapes when you pull into the driveway. She puts her foot down when it comes to the lowz.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

ah well. I guess I'll sleep in the truck.
    back on topic!

Thursday evening I got a text message from Landon telling me that Court was gonna throw away a bunch of MK1 stuff. I went over there, we loaded up and this is what the caddy looked like.

so I filtered thru it and kept some stuff, gave some away. Trashed some. good times.

meanwhile, my NOS battery tray came in. these buggers are spendy! here I am doing a test fit after spending the afternoon yesterday grinding down the metal to prepare the area for welding.

I have to get this sucker installed soon, as I scored a Duraliner and the battery has to be un-located from the bed before I can install the bedliner!

I riveted it in with steel blind rivets. This thing's not going anywhere... and if it does, I'm predrilled for plug welds.

here we go!

covered the backside up with bedliner spray. I had to grind off the super thick goo so I got a good metal/metal riveting job.

now to get a battery. the one in the box in the bed is waaaaaaaaaaay too tall, couldn't close the hood!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    yeah, it's just a marine deep-cycle, not intended to fit up there
    -Tyler-

you want it back?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    meh, got no use for it, I got it free from Sloop anyway.
    -Tyler-

well, to the recycler it shall go and a normal group 43 shall go under the hood

(⌐■_■)
    use it for the core for the new one
    -Tyler-

I will, and it's a group 41 that I want, not a 43.

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Kim said you can't stay unless the belly of the truck scrapes when you pull into the driveway. She puts her foot down when it comes to the lowz.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

thanks Joe & Tyler!

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    meh, got no use for it, I got it free from Sloop anyway.
    So you actually got it from Charlie.

(⌐■_■)
    oh, ok
    -Tyler-

Junior Member rick astley is on a distinguished road
    I'd go with the 3" over the 2" and the beetle air shocks. you can get the shocks and the airlift setup for a total of 180 bux. i wrestled with 2 or 3" because i do have to haul my quad and make it down the logging rds to get to my riding spots and im glad i went with 3"

this is at 30lbs basicly unloaded (bunch of random mk1 crap)

this is at 80lbs with 450-500 lbs back there

you should be able to get the same ride height your looking for at 50-60
    lbs unloaded which is only mid way through the range for the air shocks.

what size are your tires? that's the 3" drop plate? seems like less than 3.
    good info on the air shocks, I figured it was the right thing to do.
    when the truck is unloaded, how much ride height variation can you get?

are those 14" BMW E30 wheels?

+ Reply to Thread