Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The 82 caddy

Junior Member rick astley is on a distinguished road
    the tires are big. 195/65/14 or 195/60/14 i think. what ever the e30 tire size is and yes e30 14" rz's. i got mine from streetsideauto.com. if you do alittle research on the vortex mk1 forums you can find the part #'s. i think i got the little air lift air shock adjustment kit (alittle comp, a gauge, a dump and a switch to run the comp) and the shocks for 170. I made my own drop plates.

found the links
    http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/air-...troller-25804/
    http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/monroe-max-air-ma803/

thanks for that info!

I'm now set up proper!

brushed off any surface rust and rattlecanned some primer/sealer to slow the cancer

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    scrape off that 'couve approved sticker too tall!
    -Tyler-

patience, young padawan

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    I'm now set up proper!

Not with those battery cables/clamps. 'Emergency cable ends' are exactly that. Temporary. Get some quality battery cables.

well, ya... I shortened the mighty long cables that were used for the long wires to run the cables to the bed.
    I still have some refinement to do, I'd actually prefer the OEM cables if they're not stupid expensive.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    they're stupid under-sized, it'll slow down starts
    -Tyler-

fires right up as it is now. we'll see how it holds out as-is.

Junior Member rick astley is on a distinguished road
    Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    well, ya... I shortened the mighty long cables that were used for the long wires to run the cables to the bed.
    I still have some refinement to do, I'd actually prefer the OEM cables if they're not stupid expensive.
    i made a trip to pnp and pulled a clean set of mk3 cables.

hey that's not a bad idea either

see y'all this weekend!

(⌐■_■)
    -Tyler-

I primed the rest of the bed sides tonight and put another coat on the floor. I also learned that Ford Ranger taillight bulb sockets are the same as mine so I can replace all 3 and fix my lighting issues.

(⌐■_■)
    is that for the single or double filament bulbs? There's a GM socket that works for the doulbes
    -Tyler-

it's for double but all I gotta do is wire the side I need and use dual filament bulbs. heck I might even do something with the blinker to turn on the low filament when braking in the amber to increase the visibility back there. I ordered 8 new screws and the plastic widgets that go into the bed that the tails screw into. details, details.

I'll see you guys tomorrow. I'm also gonna go look at some rado seats.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I searched the Lynnweed, WA pull a part today and no luck for battery cables for the caddy.

made it back home! ~1300 miles in 3 days. 40MPG the whole way. good times folks. good times.

(⌐■_■)
    -Tyler-

I'm stoked about the straighter gate at no cost! now to rebuild the latch and clean up some rust!
    my kid wants me to paint the whole truck in red primer lol

(⌐■_■)
    do you have any interest in a sliding window for that thing? It's not the prettiest thing in the world right now, but the aluminum could be worked over to make it better.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    well, whenever you come north again come by and look at it, free-fiddy if you end up wanting it
    -Tyler-

not @ that price

+ Reply to Thread