Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The 82 caddy

so twelver - get this. the bedliner expanded in the sun today and buckled because the ambient temperature where we installed the tiedowns was so much lower than in the parking lot at work at 5PM here. so I had to pop the back of the liner up, open the holes a smidge then tie it back down but before i cinched it, i taped the sides of the liner to the bed then tightened it all down this should mold it into shape I hope.

oh, yeah, and i sprayed some black gunk on the truck.

Normal Member dub boy will become famous soon enough dub boy's Avatar
    Mike, you've always done good work and I continue to admire the projects you take on. Keep it up.

I wonder if spraying bedliner spray on the plastic bedliner will refresh its appearance? Hmmm.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I don't think it would stick to the plastic very well, at least not without a lot of surface prep
    -Tyler-

whats interesting though is the spray said 'apply directly to factory finish' -- paint is plastic. maybe i'll do a spot and see.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    and they would never instruct you to use the spray in a manner which meant you would have to buy more...
    -Tyler-

lol true!

today i jumped up and down on the tailgate, yanked/cleaned all the hardware and put the best set in. and reinstalled... it works like new!

Temp differences. I didn't even consider it. I need to travel more.

How's the liner doing now?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    I wonder if spraying bedliner spray on the plastic bedliner will refresh its appearance? Hmmm.
    Go to a Pull A Part and try it out. . . Hehe

its fine now, fits great. tonight if I have time I'll shoot some more bedliner spray around the gate area.

ordered hardware to mount the taillights, headlight adjuster rebuild kits, and gonna head to oreilly tonight to pick up a couple of bulb holders for the tails. more gremlins begone!

did some more bedliner spray work tonight. i have to refine it a little but i like it.

still trying to warp the liner into better shape

Last edited by ducatipaso; 2011.10.20 at 20:44 PM.

(⌐■_■)
    tailgate looks much better with the bedliner on it
    -Tyler-

yeah the whole bed area looks pretty clean now. im pleased with my purchase.

rebuilt the cluster this weekend. I had no idea there was an 85MPH and 100MPH speedometer face for the 1.6D. isn't 100MPH kind of optimistic?

existing cluster

during rebuild

after. old clock was repaired by soldering it directly to the circuit board. the new clock doesn't work. this is typical. ill find one that does.

did some fiddling with the dash. I keep taking things off trying to find that damn rattle. I rebuilt the glove box too. I also fussed with the carpet fitment

(⌐■_■)
    Yeah, those clocks suck. I was amazed that it was only 1 broken trace that was keeping it from working before, was an easy fix

And, you're going to have to pull the dash to find that rattle
    -Tyler-

yeah I know I'm gonna have to yank the dash eventually. I want to get in there and clean up the fusebox etc anyhow.
    next up -- door cards. I have a pair of black cabrio door cards that I'm gonna experiment with cutting down.

idle hands plus five dollars and a couple hours...

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Very cool!

How about a clean side shot? I think the pinstripes are going to have to go.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

yeah it needs refinement. the contrast of this wood to the color on the truck isnt very much. it needs to be more like a dark teak.
    this was just for giggles to blow $5. I did some looking around, I could use 'edge banding' for the border. we'll see. this will peel off if i don't like it.

I think you should pull off the fauxwood and plasti-dip the same area. Sport truck!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

+ Reply to Thread