Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: back from driving 1800 miles in Europe? How about driving 300 miles around Mt. Rainier?

back from driving 1800 miles in Europe? How about driving 300 miles around Mt. Rainier?

I landed back in the US on Friday morning, and within an hour after arriving home I took back off toward Mt. Rainier with my car set to show celsius, kilometers, and l/100km. I needed to see some good ol' PNW scenery, and this was definitely the way to do it.

I drove to Paradise, then continued on around the south and east side of the mountain to Sunrise, before heading back home on 410. So, I have a good variety of Rainier photos here.

first.. Narada Falls. It's one of my favorite water falls.. along with Wallace Falls. The sun was pretty low in the sky, so lighting was kind of fun, and the water spray helped create a nice rainbow. There was a ton of water coming down from the mountains still... tons of snow up there for mid-August.

saw quite a few deer on the drive.. not scared enough of humans

Rainier from Nisqually Vista (easy paved trail (when there's not still snow everywhere) to the best view from Paradise)

zoomed in deep on Rainier from Nisqually Vista

walking back from Nisqually Vista.. looking south.

the new Jackson Lodge at Paradise..

I've lived around the Puget Sound my whole life.. have been to Rainier at Paradise and Sunrise countless times.. and have never driven beyond Paradise. This meant that I'd never seen Reflection Lake. It wasn't very 'reflective' that day, but it was still pretty.

at Sunrise Point... the last switchback before driving into the Sunrise parking lot. The sun was setting below the mountains at this point.

can see Mt. Adams beyond the ridgeline..

Rainier from Sunrise Point

wild flowers growing on the volcanic dirt layer

my favorite view of Rainier

the Sunrise Visitor's Center below...
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    Nice. I really wanted to take the Ranier route to Yakima from Seattle. But, time was not on our side and we had to get there in a hurry.

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Seriously beautiful scenery! Whenever anyone asks why we live here, just show them those pictures.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

My name is Rainier and I approve of this thread. Sweet pictures!

Freeeekin' good shit mate! Cheers!

/british accent
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

the last shot is epic.
    good work dude.
    i am an apex predator and hatchery zombies are my target

Normal Member blue62 will become famous soon enough
    The shot from the road at Sunrise Point looks like something that should be in a frame and on my wall!

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Joel, once again very nice photos! I need to go with you one of these times...

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Brilliant shot!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

haha.. thanks
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Yeah, that really is an unbelievably awesome shot.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

looking back through the photos here.. I'm impressed

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Yeah, thanks for bumping them, I had forgotten about these. I really have to take the drive up there someday.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    looking back through the photos here.. I'm impressed
    I realized this could sound wrong. I haven't really seen these photos myself since I first took them, so seeing them here was like seeing them for the first time again

Also .. a spammer bumped this thread

+ Reply to Thread