Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My new daily.

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Any ideas on drying the car out? I mean it's seriously bad. It's drenched front to back. I have to park on the street so I can't run an extension cord to run a heater. Good thing I'm always driving to Oregon I guess. Hopefully I can keep the water out and just run the heater full tilt for hours upon hours of driving.
    don't know about drying the car out, but definitely make sure the windows are open whenever it's not raining (obviously means closing them before it starts to rain again). Ventilation will help dry the car out, but, more importantly, it will help to prevent any more condensation (which mold will love) (UV light from the sun also helps kill mold). On top of that, once things dry out more, spray some vinegar on the carpet and anything else that got wet.. since that will also kill mold. The last thing you want is mold growing in your car.
    Last edited by joel; 2011.11.25 at 14:24 PM.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by VWsEatRice View Post
    they looked just like these but 12 volt. wired like an H4.
    I know those! They are incandescent bulbs, which explains the poor light output.
    You could still find them on VW/Audi's from the 70ies as the H4's were an option.
    But on a Jetta? Hmmm...I was under the impression that H4's became standard around 1982 or so? I would have kept those headlights just for the "rare" factor

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    my 76 scirocco has h4s as standard..

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    But my dad's '81 Audi 100 still had the incandescent bulbs. So did his '77 Audi 100 for that matter.

It wasn't until he got his '87 Passat wagon that we gained H4's.

So, I finally had some spare time and I washed the Jetta today.
    About time, poor thing looked like some off-road mud vehicle from going down to the Oregon coast. Nothing but logging roads up there.
    Nothing done other than the euro rabbit bumpers and H4's

I tried to restore, re-seal and polish the taillights, which worked rather well on the passenger side. But the painted chrome "reflector" material peeled
    right off the plastic on the drivers side...seems like it had been soaked in water for too many years. At least it doesn't leak anymore.

And I have to say thank you to Tyler and Joel for the totally awesome stickers!!!!

I'm still on the hunt for a drivers' side mud flap

the bumpers look nice...

are you running snow tires? that front-right one looks pretty ancient in the photo
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    the bumpers look nice...

are you running snow tires? that front-right one looks pretty ancient in the photo
    Thanks, this summer I'll fix them so they'll look black

Those are indeed my snow tires up front...going on their fifth season now. What makes them look so bad? That passenger side one was just partially wet.

it could just be because they're dirty, but it looks weathered and old in that photo.. and possibly rather worn. Whatever.. just looking out

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    it could just be because they're dirty, but it looks weathered and old in that photo.. and possibly rather worn. Whatever.. just looking out
    Thanks, yeah the ones that came on the car are weather-cracked and toast. My winter tires are very well worn but at least they're not weather-cracked.

Ok, so far for trying to save some money...

I have some Jetta pieces ready in my bedroom.

Just picked up a set of JOM Coilovers. More to come this spring!

Ah, here's a picture of my parts stash :

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    That doesnt look like Euro headlighting stuff

Junior Member 2mAn is on a distinguished road 2mAn's Avatar
    Whats in the boxes?

Quote: Originally Posted by 2mAn View Post
    Whats in the boxes?
    The tall box has a rear stress bar for the Scirocco in it, the other a clutch pedal assembly for a '68 AMC Rebel.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    That doesnt look like Euro headlighting stuff
    Nah, I already have H4's

Today I got a package from Black Forest Industries containing a new windshield gasket and some smoke corner lights.

And the stash gets bigger, going to install the Hella 500 driving lights I had on the Mk2 and I also have an aftermarket euro rear fog light.

Now I just need to find a Fox to steal the foglight switch from!

Call me crazy but I sold the Jetta Monday night.

I'm hoping to bring the new ride home next Monday...a new thread shall ensue.

I am disappoint. Also, the euro version of that car had the rear fog integrated into the taillight doesnt matter now though

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    It better be good!

So what's the replacement?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    I am disappoint. Also, the euro version of that car had the rear fog integrated into the taillight doesnt matter now though
    It sure did! As a little hint, the euro version of what I bought did not
    A new thread shall ensue Tuesday.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Ha! I know what you got!
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread