Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Classic Mini: 1974 Leyland Mini

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Didn't take any pics, but it is up and running now. Fabbed up a mounting plate for the pump using flat bar from Mclendons, and used a exhaust mount to mount it to the subframe, per Chuck's suggestion. The exhaust mount, actually made it a lot quieter compared to when it was installed in the '60 Mini. Currently I have the fuel regulator set to setting 3, setting 2 didn't seem to be cutting it.

so.. runs nicely now?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Yup, it runs just as strong as ever, with plenty of power. Lis drove it for the first time yesterday and I think she was enjoying it with the way she driving it. . She'll be taking it to Bellevue ABFM on Sat.

grr.. I keep having to miss that
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

You won't be missing much this year, I'll be missing it as well due to work. They are having it in some of the side parking lots at BC. It is going to be cramped for space and the parking lots over there suck for layout. The only upside is there is a lot more shade over there.

I guess they didn't change park lots, from what I hear. They only change some of the locations of where the car marques were stationed.

Lis took the Mini out to the Western Washington ABFM held at Bellevue College yesterday. She said it was a good time and that she confused a good many people with telling them that it wasn't a "Cooper".

Who's the odd duckling?
    Last edited by buddylove; 2013.07.31 at 20:55 PM.

nice

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Looks like a nice meet! I'm spotting some roadsters in the back too.

Yup, a good amount of MGs and Triumphs always show up.

I took the Mini out today to shoot some photos, one of the spots in Georgetown was too populated to get any decent photos, but I discovered this other location a few months back.

I am not 100% happy with the photo, but it just means I need to get out there and shoot more photos with my camera.

As far as to the height of the Mini, I know most people would say that its low enough. I would like it another 1-1.5" lower, but the issue is that the front Hi-Lo's are all the way down. The suspension is all new as of last year, and the only thing that I have read to get them lower is to run the genuine Hi-Lo's which I have already... It has new road race cones, new lowered spax shocks, and new bump stops. I know its not riding on the bump stops, as the suspension is riding harsh at all, though it is stiff. I am at a loss as to what I can do next to get it lower.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    ground control DIY?

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    ground control DIY?
    Not that easy, they do sell coilover conversion kits, but the Mini really isn't designed for that kind of suspension.

Realistically, I would like to find a solution for my current setup.

does one exist?

A solution? Ya, there are options out there, but not necessarily ones that I want to do... Or, I could just wait for the cones to start to die and then I won't have a problem getting low at all, but with how much I drive it that won't be for a good long time.

I presume that lowering the car much more and maintaining ride quality is tough...

True, we will see once the body work is complete. I have a couple different ideas.

On another note, it looks like I solved my fuel leak. No more drips!

Placed an order for all of the repair panels yesterday, the order should hopefully be getting finalized tomorrow.

2 BMP127MS
    SEAM MOULDING FRONT NOT PRIMED
    4.21 (7.5% discount included)

2 GZF107A
    BODY SEAM PLASTIC SIDE FINISHER - CHROME STANDARD GENUINE
    6.01 (7.5% discount included)

1 BMP125MS
    SEAM FINISHER L/H REAR NOT PRIMED
    4.26 (7.5% discount included)

1 ALA8623
    REAR VALANCE CLOSING AND SUBFRAME MOUNT PANEL L/H
    24.39 (7.5% discount included)

1 MS16L
    DOOR STEP SHAPED REPAIR PANEL MK3 L/H
    6.52 (7.5% discount included)

1 14A6818K
    DOOR HINGE KIT IN ALLOY OF 4 EXTERNAL HINGES MK1/2 & VAN ETC
    82.52 (7.5% discount included)

1 MS16R
    DOOR STEP SHAPED REPAIR PANEL MK3 R/H
    6.52 (7.5% discount included)

1 14A5498
    DOOR SKIN Mk1/2 O/S

1 BMP124MS
    SEAM FINISHER R/H REAR SEAM NOT PRIMED
    4.26 (7.5% discount included)

1 14A8347
    PANEL HINGE INNER L/H A PANEL EXTERNAL HINGE TYPE
    19.42 (7.5% discount included)

1 MS25R
    FRONT FLOOR PAN R/H PRESHAPED
    10.68 (7.5% discount included)

1 14A6901
    HINGE A PANEL EXTERNAL HINGE R/H
    26.83 (7.5% discount included)

1 14A6902
    HINGE A PANEL EXTERNAL HINGE L/H
    26.83 (7.5% discount included)

1 MS25L
    FRONT FLOOR PAN L/H PRESHAPED
    10.68 (7.5% discount included)

1 14A8346
    PANEL HINGE INNER R/H A PANEL EXTERNAL HINGE TYPE
    19.42 (7.5% discount included)

1 MS54
    BOOT FLOOR PANEL REAR SECTION ONLY ABOUT 10" DEEP
    14.21 (7.5% discount included)

1 14A5499
    DOOR SKIN Mk1/2 N/S
    53.96 (7.5% discount included)

1 CZH563
    FRONT PANEL MINI CLUBMAN PRE 1976
    74.46 (7.5% discount included)

Still hoping to get the Mini checked in for body work in December and have it slowly completed over next year. Paint will be the year after and engine the year after that. The progress can be sped up if I get a decent deal on paint work.

I have been looking into a conversion for the back panel from a French company called Auto-BMC. In the 10+ emails I have sent to them over the last 5 months, they have only responded once saying that they would be willing to get a me a quote for shipping the panels over to the US. After I said that I would like the quote, they have never email me back. The first response took 8 emails for them to even respond. The crappy part is that they are the only company to have the panels. Here are some images of what I am talking about:

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    That is sweet, to bad they sound sketchy!

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    That is sweet, to bad they sound sketchy!
    Ya, that my hesitation with dropping the money, $3k+, for the panels and then it taking another year to get them if even then.

Been enjoying these Build Videos:

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    I feel those doors only belong on a Mini Estate.

While I'm sure it would make the car more practical, I like that little door in the back, it's cute!

I see what you mean, and at this point I probably won't be getting them due to the company's lack of customer service. I did like that they basically combined a Saloon and an Estate into one. I am still tossing some other ideas around like the hatchbacks that Radford made in the '60s.

it'd certainly make the car more practical

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    The white one with the rear hatch conversion is awesome! Too bad they're lacking on the CS; that'll lose business every time.

+ Reply to Thread