monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Classic Mini: 1974 Leyland Mini

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    This could be an option as well... I am undecided at this point. Clubman Sprint...

2 inches taken out of the pillars, 2-3 inches taken out of the body.

Information on the real Mk1/2 Sprints.

http://www.minisprint.eu/

haha.. you're considering almost everything
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Spoke to my body guy about one of the options, he is on board, we just need to sort out the details. Going to need to start tearing it down soon.

Finally figured out how to solve my lowering issues:

"If using these on 10" wheels with Hilos cut 3/4" off the end of the centre threaded bolt of the old type Hilo with a circlip as it will bottom out on the cone spring face and the car will sit high, for extremely lowered cars the hilo face will also need machining a few mm."

Anyone know of anyone that can do this for me after I take the Mini apart?

Also found this for future reference:

"If you need the car even lower, dispense with the locking nut which was never on the originals and shorten the main adjuster bolt 3/4" and circlip."

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Can I get a translation? Brits seem to have a difficult issue with english

Here's a photo of the HiLo's:

Need to take 3/4" off that center bolt and remove the lock nut. Also need to machine a couple mm off the face of the HiLo, where the rubber donut sits. You can see where it has a lip.

Another Clubman Sprint, more race oriented...

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    I'm in love.

Due to some ups and downs with Lisa's pregnancy (having another boy, due in April), I postponed the body work to start in Spring. Lis was an awesome wife as always and organized a group XMAS present from family and friends of DSN Classic goodies for the Mini's engine. I probably won't get to use them for a few years, but I'll have the stored away until then.

Here's the list:

Billet Pedal Pads
    RetroSport Throttle Pedal Assy RED
    RetroSport Billet Turbo Oil Drain - Red
    RetroSport Steady Bar - Adj Red
    RetroSport Lower Steady Bar Standard - Red
    Alloy Bonnet Hinge - Pair Red - Clubman
    Bonnet Rear Lift Kit - Red
    RetroSport Early Distributor Hole Plug - Red
    RetroSport Thermostat Housing Red
    Plate Under Master Cylinder - Billet Alloy - Early Red
    RetroSport Towing Eye - Red
    Hose Plate - 2 x 20mm Holes Billet Alloy - Red

Still have a few more bling items to get, but she was able to get most of them with what she arranged.

Wow.. that's impressive to receive at once. Cool!
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

+ Reply to Thread