Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Classic Mini: 1974 Leyland Mini

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    When you had your wheels/tires balanced did they try spinning the tire on the wheel to see if they could balance it out some?

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Ya, I did. I am ok till about 63 mph.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    That's pretty decent you won't be going much faster than that anyways around here.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    All the parts are finally shipping today. Hopefully they will be here by the end of the week, and I can start work on it on Sunday/Monday.

So, I spent the last couple of afternoons at Chuck's. We installed the following"

New Super 2 Core Radiator
    New to me aka from that magic shelves: Tropical Fan
    New central mount speedometer cable
    New 82 degree thermostat.

We had some leaks from the housing as it didn't seem to be in the best of shape. We swapped out the paper gasket for a cork casket and minimized the leaking. I am hoping that it stops all together, or we will need to swap out the housing.

New water pump
    New remote shift boot setup
    Set the valves, put a new cork gasket on the valve cover.
    Swapped out the heater valve setup for a blanking plate, as I have no heater.
    Installed a weather shield to protect the distributor, plug wires, and coil.

Next to do, install the center speedo pod, speedometer (once it comes in), dual water temp/oil pressure gauge, volt meter, and tach.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH SO MANY BITEY CLAMPS!!!! IT BURNS!!

Ha ha, we used what we had. Still have yet to find what you were talking about locally.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Well, there is this one shop that I frequent that stocks them of all sizes

That shop isn't local! It takes 40 minutes to get there.

You should move, then.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    -Tyler-

Too much work. I like taking the hose with me so I don't have to measure anything.

Hehehe!
    Most hoses have the OD and ID printed onto them.
    You could also pick up a caliper to measure the OD.

ya ya Still on the hunt to figure out who can effectively balance my wheels. They might just end up being expensive paper weights... My speedo came in the other day, its a little worse off then I thought. I am hoping that it turns out to not be a dud, like the last couple of speedometers.

After my schedule calms down, I still need to install both bottom engine steadies, as well as the gauges that I listed above. The Mini is staying nice and cool with the new cooling setup. The only thing that is increasingly becoming annoying is the vibration from the wheels.

I thought you found someone that could balance them?

ya, they didn't end up being able to.

maybe time to go old school with a bubble balancer?

I haven't been able to find anyone that still has one.

I know someone that used to have one. I will make a call tomorrow. Said unit I used many times and it was good to 135mph

Nice, let me know. Lis is going to swing by a motorcycle shop after she drops me off work.

I guess the motorcycle shop is a no go as well... I have one more place I am going to try to hit up (Group 2 Motorsports), and then they become expensive paper weights...

I will have a bubble balancer on Tuesday.

hmm, I get off work at 3 on Monday. Could Lis and I swing up there and drop them off? Do you think you would have time to balance them by Wednesday/Thursday? (The Mini is quickly becoming my only car) Thanks for getting that! I was starting to run out of ideas. Also, let me know how much you want for balancing them.

Well, we are closed on Monday, but if you want to swing them by my house, I can just put them in the GTD and take them to work with me on Tuesday. I dont see any issue with getting them done that day or Weds.

ah ok. I forgot Monday was a holiday, since I have to work it. We could get over there by 3:30ish on Tuesday. If you have time to balance them then, that would be cool. If not we can pick them up later in the week.

+ Reply to Thread