Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning the hard way (1987 Jetta GLI)

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Also, I've come up with some ideas for the future of this bucket.

I'd really like a set of widened stealies with chrome VW caps, H&R Ultra lows (the lower version), 16v front lip, G60 flares (if I can find them), and finally... A full Corrado VR6 swap including dash.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Normal Member Numbersix will become famous soon enough
    Good work. You'll be happier when the floors are dry...

G60 flares don't quite work as well on small bumper cars. You might look for a pair of Votex flares. They are rare, but they are out there.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Good to know. I'm a bit of a Mk2 "noob". Hahahaha

Now that I've got the vapor barrier replaced, I need some donor door cards that are solid. Two of mine are shot. I want to upholster them, so anything that fits is good with me.

l Arron lSPACE

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    I'd really like a set of widened stealies with chrome VW caps, H&R Ultra lows (the lower version), 16v front lip, G60 flares (if I can find them), and finally... A full Corrado VR6 swap including dash.
    God I miss that look...

Quote: Originally Posted by trip permit View Post
    God I miss that look...

That's a good lookin' mk2.

That would be the look I want. Here's the center caps I mentioned:

l Arron lSPACE

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    you will need adapters. those wheels are aircooled type stuff.

I was kinda curious what they came off of. I have the some similar caps off a cabrio, but they're way too small. I think I have my caps leftover from my Beetle I had in Highschool. So I should just need the wheels and adapters.

Thanks for the heads up!

l Arron lSPACE

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    To be exact those are widened New Beetle steelies with 67' bus hub caps. That happens to be one of all time favorite mkii's.

as in, the modern new beetle?

My old Beetle hub caps should fit perfectly, then. They actually came off my dads '67 Transporter when we swapped the dual port engine into my '72 Beetle.

l Arron lSPACE

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Not the 2012 beetle. The old New Beetle. Here is the link for it's eurotuner feature http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredveh...s_hubcaps.html

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    those are not 67 bus hubcaps. this is a 67 bus hubcap:

this is the type 2 (post 67) hubcap shown:

The type 1/type 3/type 2 hubcaps are a snap fit onto the center of the wheel. no clips. here is a pic of a type 2 with hubcap on (post '67):

type 2 wheel without hubcap:

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    Not the 2012 beetle. The old New Beetle. Here is the link for it's eurotuner feature http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredveh...s_hubcaps.html
    somone did some poor reporting...

a little bit more reading on the article and I guess its possible that he used new beetle steelies, it just didnt look like it in the first pic. I see how he explained that they did not exactly snap on to the wheels, so no idea how he got them to stay on there.. I still maintain that they are not 67 bus hubcaps.. I have a 67 bus and they dont look like that. 67 bus has wide 5 lug pattern and all hubcaps on wide 5 lug pattern are held on with clips, vs the later 4x??? and 5x112 (bus) are held on by tabs that ar part of the wheel that you can see in the pic above..

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by rainierfuller View Post
    That's a good lookin' mk2.
    Was*

What happened?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post65425249

Sorry Arron for a slight hi-jack, I swear I was posting to show an example of the type of mk2 you listed..

Oh sorry yeah, I thought you were talking about the car with the aircooled hubcaps. Interestingly, the gray car used to belong to Numbersix who has posted in this thread.

I have actually always wondered if they were wrong what year the caps came off of. I thought they should be the dome shaped ones that you pictured too.

no worries, Dan. It led to good info on what I want to achieve.

someone should figure it out, and make it happen for me

l Arron lSPACE

4x100-5x112 adapters, check offset for spacing and a set of '72-'91 14" type2/25 steelies. plus hubcaps

Awesome. Now I need said wheels. Haha

l Arron lSPACE

Arron, I found these pictures of your mk2.. Looked like it came out of a swamp that day.

Last edited by trip permit; 2011.12.30 at 19:00 PM.

What happened to the drivers side headlight lens? is that an Ecode?

Smoked ecodes.. Lens fell off before I bought it. Shitty seals on those things.

+ Reply to Thread