Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: So it begins...

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Thanks man. Ran out of room on I-5, haha. Its not bad, feels quick but still learning the car.

Was on the way to see my brother and his kid at the hospital.

Quote: Originally Posted by trip permit View Post
    Thanks man. Ran out of room on I-5, haha. Its not bad, feels quick but still learning the car.

Was on the way to see my brother and his kid at the hospital.
    I was on my way to work..

your car is quiet
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Damn quiet? Sounds loud inside, but not running back seats or parcel tray... Also, shifting before 7k helps keep it a little quieter

Damn quiet? Sounds loud inside, but not running back seats or parcel tray... Also, shifting before 7k helps keep it a little quieter
    yeah.. I didn't hear anything, but then my car isn't very quiet either
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

You must be deaf...

I was just too busy listening to my car.

I'm assuming you didn't hear my car then either

So I was able to spend a few hours on this MK2 this week...

Accomplished:
    -Installed radio/dash speakers
    -Swapped 9004 headlights to h4 lights (much better lighting, just need a relay harness now)
    -Swapped in a new HVAC control for an old worn out one (light works now!)
    -Swapped out GTI door cards for mint recaro door cards

Yesterday, a friend and I went to a junkyard run on a wimb. Glad we did! It turned out to be a haul from a life time. Some pictures from the yard:

(roof of parts car, not mine)

Parts from the haul unloaded and laid out:

- Now I have most of these parts in the 92 GTI, but since I am building a 91 GTI this is perfect. Taking the old door cards that I swapped out and putting them in the 91 GTI.

Some before pictures before the door card swap:

Pictures of the interior after the door card swap:

View of my interior from my sunroof:

Overall, I think its coming along. Still need to spend a little time on the interior and "finish it." Stay tuned for more updates soon.

those door cards do look nice

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    those door cards do look nice
    Haven't seen a nicer set FS lately, let alone I found these in a yard!

But the set I removed is going in the 91, and that too is in really good shape. Going to be fun having 2 MK2 GTIs to work on. Upgrade both by upgrading 1.

Going to be fun having 2 MK2 GTIs to work on.
    you are one of the few people who would say this

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    you are one of the few people who would say this
    Well when you build a car from the ground up, you pretty much know what to expect out of the car. The 92 has over 8,000 miles since it left the shop over 2 months ago. I am all for taking time to build a car now.

agree with you there

An exciting update for me anyways... Today I picked up a NOS red stripped quad grille from Auburn VW (aka 1stvwparts - Zeblor)! From what I was told it was one of the last, if not the last one in VW's inventory. Either way, having all the clips is a wet dream come true for mk2 owners!

The GTI is dirty... Drove from Puyallup to Portland to Puyallup to North Bend and back home (~575 miles on trip odo) within the past 24 hours.

Some random pictures from this weekend:

Either way, having all the clips is a wet dream come true for mk2 owners!
    haha.. I had a brand new red stripe quad round Hella grille that had a couple broken tabs

Been really busy, but made time for the Port Townsend Cruise. The night before, I decided to install my blende:

Crappy droid picture of how it looks at night:

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    That looks sweet!

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Nice.

So there would've been something worth looking at during the PT Cruise. Don't think I've seen one of those 'blendes before. Unique, and for once, not in a bad way.

From all the pics I had seen at the 'tex...I didn't really see anything that made me sorry I missed it.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

Yeah, I have never seen that blende in person until USPS delivered it to me.

I haven't either.... it looks pretty awesome on your car though

Thanks Joel.

Went to a mk3 gtg at Alki:

Just got back off an Island for work for a week, my car is dirty.

cleaner than my car

the piece fits the car so nicely. What are you doing with the rear plate?

+ Reply to Thread