Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SnOMG 2012

Normal Member lurkertom is on a distinguished road lurkertom's Avatar
    No pics - It took me over an hour to drive home from work yesterday morning in my F350 4X4 - normally takes me just under 1/2 hour. On the up side traffic was way light. I'm not complaining. It's just that we don't get snow around these parts very often, when we do it's a catastrophe.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    We have about 9cm here. Drove the syncro to work. It was lots of fun. I made a point of sooting pedestrians in the road. It also has no exhaust, so I also did WOT pulls as I passed them. Idiots.
    Did you know...

That at 35mph, my work truck can shoot a glorious arc of muddy, sandy, filthy slush over 10 feet high, and over 30 feet out? The people still camping in the Occupy Tacoma protest camp/park/shiftless gathering do.

bitches catchin feelings like will i am

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    The snow is above the bottom of the Audi!

You can see the formerly shoveled walkway next to the untouched snow right next to the car.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

my car is dirty, but dry

I may still venture out tonight.. depends on temperatures, I think
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    should have waited to scrape the snow off, yesterday. The MkII is now covered in what appears to be clear(ish) trucked liner...

Last edited by VDubVirus; 2012.01.19 at 15:17 PM.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

it's been snowing steadily here since morning
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    This is my back deck, surrounded by large trees:

Just to give you an idea of how deep that is, that knife has an overall length of 16.5 inches with a ten inch blade.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

Normal Member Numbersix will become famous soon enough
    At least the new wheels are still shiny. (That'd be because the car hasn't moved since Saturday.)

TDI is unamused.

my car is dirty, and it hasn't moved since Saturday either

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    And another day of selling chains and closing early

There's now so much snow the carport is about to cave in...

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    get out there with a broom, I recall Chris C.'s carport landing on his mom's Cherokee last winter...
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by burbleburble View Post
    Did you know...

That at 35mph, my work truck can shoot a glorious arc of muddy, sandy, filthy slush over 10 feet high, and over 30 feet out? The people still camping in the Occupy Tacoma protest camp/park/shiftless gathering do.
    That's awesome.

I'm enjoying buzzing around all of the over-confident trucks and SUVs in the Rabbit...Impressed people at work when I came to a stop in deep snow in a parking lot next to a friends stuck truck to see if he needed help. Then pulled around and parked in an area where clearly no cars have gone haha Only got 'stuck' once because I lost momentum because someone decided to let someone out of their car right at the entrance to a parking lot...rocked it once and I was good.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    We buzzed all over town today in my buddies '83 GTI passing some spun out SUVs and Subarus on a hill on 164th in Lynnweed/Mill Creek.

Regular Member MiniCoopKiller is a jewel in the rough MiniCoopKiller is a jewel in the rough MiniCoopKiller's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    That's awesome.

I'm enjoying buzzing around all of the over-confident trucks and SUVs in the Rabbit...Impressed people at work when I came to a stop in deep snow in a parking lot next to a friends stuck truck to see if he needed help. Then pulled around and parked in an area where clearly no cars have gone haha Only got 'stuck' once because I lost momentum because someone decided to let someone out of their car right at the entrance to a parking lot...rocked it once and I was good.
    This is my favorite thing to do. Did it this morning and afternoon coming home from school. People just need to learn how to drive.

Normal Member VWsEatRice is on a distinguished road VWsEatRice's Avatar

had to clear snow to open my door.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    get out there with a broom, I recall Chris C.'s carport landing on his mom's Cherokee last winter...
    I'm lazy There's nothing in the carport so I just ran an extension cord out to a pair of insanely bright halogen floodlights mounted on a pole. Melts the snow rather well

I do miss having a small and light car for getting around in the snow. My two best snow cars were my '85 Tercel 4spd hatchback, and the '85 gti.. both were on cheap all seasons.

The wagon is just too heavy... and too low

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    I wish I could have taken the Mini out for some fun, still waiting to make sure the roof is dry.

Praise science the snow is starting to melt here.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Praise science the snow is starting to melt here.
    It sure is, I'll be happy when it's gone.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    My first car was a diesel rabbit. Unstoppable in the snow with snow tires unless you wanted to stop, then it did as commanded. MKIs kick ass in the snow and having a diesel engine helps even more.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    My buddy has a mk1 with studded snow tires that he puts on when it snows and it goes everywhere!
    We blasted all around Mill Creek and Lynnweed the other day.

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Truck did alright in the snow. Rocked 2 studded tires on the fronts, better than nothing.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    finally got the MkV out in the snow yesterday. The lip has done a great job at plowing snow up into my AC/Condenser. awesome.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

+ Reply to Thread