monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: That diesel bunny.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    24mm or 27mm. cant remember off the top of my head now. If you have a jumper wire, you should be able to jump the solenoid from the battery and hear it click audibly. Sucks you dont have a vacuum gauge to test with as that is really handy.
    I did that, heard no click. Would you happen to have a known good one I can purchase if I can get a ride tomorrow? Nobody seems to have one.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    I am sure I do, but usually they do not go bad. they get stuck. try taking it out and looking at it.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm hoping to get a ride first thing in the morning to buy a wrench to get it out.

It's no fun when your tools are spread out between Lynnwood and coastal Oregon.

yeah you really need to get a vacuum pump on that thing and ensure that you're able to pull fuel up to the filter
    i have not heard of the stop solenoid failing, so I really don't suspect that

with all of the lack of power [for a 1.9] that we've been talking about, is it possible that your 1.6d pump finally died?

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    IIRC it is a 1.5l pump and I just went through it. No issues I could speculate on from looking at the internals. Granted, its been a few thousand miles since I had it apart, but I dont think the pump is at fault. I dont want to rule it out 100% though.

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    with all of the lack of power [for a 1.9] that we've been talking about, is it possible that your 1.6d pump finally died?
    I really hope not, it was rebuilt this year, like Chris just said.

If there is any sort of issue with the pump, I will take care of it for certain. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened. Lets get some fuel in it first. If you need to borrow a vacuum pump tomorrow, I have one.

Thanks! It has to be something simple. It was running perfect, just sat overnight and hasn't started since. It's boggling my mind...

How did this go? Sorry I missed these posts.. I would have offered to get you a ride to places since I'm off on Mondays
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

chris, I didn't realise you'd gone through the pump so recently.
    I've been kicking this around and around, has the head torque been checked?

Stop solenoid had failed. New one will be installed tomorrow.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Stop solenoid had failed. New one will be installed tomorrow.
    Thanks Chris. Now I feel bad for not trusting my instincts. But the last time I thought it was the stop solenoid I was wrong.

Meh no worries. At least it was a simple fix

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    That's one of the cheap items that always lived in my 'on the road' toolbox
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    That's one of the cheap items that always lived in my 'on the road' toolbox
    Yeah, I do have a spare, but it's in Oregon...I already carry so much it's ridiculous. I even carry a spare fuse box!
    It's a good idea though Tyler, what else do you think I need to carry on board? There might be more items I've missed.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Vacuum pump (Mitey Vac) is the only thing I never drove around without.
    -Tyler-

Yeah that would have been handy too

A mighty vac would not have helped in this case. Although it is a good tool to have handy

and oddly, the only time I've needed one was when I did the swap.
    almost did the other day though... ever since I ratcheted up the fuel on the AAZ I can suck the filter dry flogging the truck on a low tank. uncool.

it's been suggested I install a lift pump. maybe do the same? just brainstormin' here...

Nah, it shouldn't need a lift pump. I don't think any AAZ ever came with one.

If it's sucking the filter dry that means you're getting air in your system, might be better off installing baffles in the fuel tank?

hahah yeah that's occurred to me too, the baffle idea.
    one of the things on my bucket list is to pull the tank and clean it.

i wonder how big of a tank I could hang up in there? there's a ton of room.

Yeah, I forgot you have a caddy. Lets find you an awesome fuel tank...give you some range.

yeah I think the first job in order will be to source another one from a caddy for cheap or free, then go from there.
    I'll have to take it over to pop's and put it on the lift and make some measurements.

It'd be epic to have 20 gallons under there... that'd get me like 700-1000 miles!
    I used to be able to do sac>pdx in one tank in the TDI no prob. Be nice to do it in the truck too.

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    It'd be epic to have 20 gallons under there... that'd get me like 700-1000 miles!
    I used to be able to do sac>pdx in one tank in the TDI no prob. Be nice to do it in the truck too.
    Yeah, the Rabbit used to have the aux fuel tank, it would be great to find a new (used) one for it.

+ Reply to Thread